Chapter 29

Putting the end note up here so I don't kill the small mood at the end :,D. Anyways, I left the camp early bc mudslide evacuation. But holy crap it was really fun. I almost fell off a huge hill and almost died, but it was awesome otherwise- Anyways, Enjoy the chapter~!

-----------------

~+Edd's P.O.V+~

Tord stared at the wall in front of him, seeming a bit surprised by my question. I noticed he tensed up a bit, as if I was asking him something he didn't want to tell me the answer to. It almost made me feel like he was keeping a secret from me... But Tord wouldn't do that....

"Well, I.... I went to one of those restaurants where they cook the food right in front of you with all the fire and stuff," Tord responded, seeming a bit unsure. "So I guess some smoke must've gotten on me..?"

"Oh. Makes sense I guess" I said, shrugging. "Did you save anything for the rest of us for dinner? I obviously can't cook tonight without hurting myself."

"Tom said he would get dinner for us," Tord quickly replied.

"I did?" Tom asked, confused, as it seemed he had only been listening a little bit.

"Yes! Now get your lazy ass off your bed and get us dinner!" Tord yelled.

"I'm not getting dinner at three! That's way too early! If I am getting dinner, I'll get it at four thirty earliest. And Besides, we need to start packing up again since our flight is tomorrow."

"How are we even going to sneak the money on the plane?" I chimed in, trying to change the subject a bit.

"We'll figure it out. Let's just not think of that for now," Tord replied, "But we really should start packing. Last minute packing doesn't work for me."

I nodded, sitting up. Tord looked at me and gently placed his hands on my shoulders an pushed me back onto the couch.

"You're staying here. I don't want you to get hurt, alright?" Tord muttered before walking back to where both my suitcase and his suitcase was located.

I sighed, realizing my only option at this point was to sleep. Closing my eyes, I tried to sleep. I wasn't tired, but there wasn't much else I could do. Well, I probably could manage to do something besides sleep, but Tord wouldn't even allow me to get up off the couch or sit up.

"Tord, be careful with my mirrors! They really.." Matt's voice faded away as I fell asleep. All of my senses went numb. I couldn't move or hear. Even though I knew I was dreaming, I couldn't shake myself out of the pitch black void of nothingness that surrounded me. A noise finally broke the silence. 

Breathing. Very faint and weak.

I tried to look around, but my eyes failed to work properly, and only resulted in my eyes hurting. Then I could hear another sound, which cut off the breathing.

A knife. 

I could literally hear the sickening and twisted sound of it digging into someone's vulnerable skin and being pulled out again, only to be stabbed right back into the now weak skin again. The breathing only got weaker and fainter. I didn't even know who I was feeling pitiful for. 

A gun being loaded. 

A faint murmur.

A gun in my hand.

A gunshot.