Chapter 43- end up at a freaking butcherer's place

Start from the beginning

"Yes," she says but Mr. Chivalry doesn't approve.

"No," he says.

"Chase please, I can't let him hurt you again," she says and he cups her face in his hands. She whispers something against his ear and he nods.

"Let's go Aurora," he says and Aurora runs to him and they leave after glancing back at Mrs. Chivalry for the last time.

"What do you want now Richard?" She asks and he scoffs.

"I already told you I want my daughter," he rushes to her and grabs her arms and she winces. "I have lost her once because of you, I'm not losing her again. Tell me where she is, now."

"I'd rather you never find out about her than you torturing her by interfering in her life," she says softly and pulls her arm back to herself.

"This is so intense," Cayson whispers against my ear and I nod.

"I never knew it was this serious, that he would stoop so low and kidnap her daughter," I whisper back and he pecks my head. "I should go out and tell him that I'm his daughter."

"No," Cayson pulls me back to him. "I don't think it's safe right now. Let's wait until Mr. Chivalry calls the police or something."

"I can't wait anymore Cayson, he might hurt her because he wants to know about me," I whisper sharply.

"I think she would like to keep you a secret rather than him finding out about you," he whispers and I sigh deeply.

"I'll wait her until I know he's not going to hurt her. Once he touches her again, I'm done calming down," I hiss and Cayson nods.

"Fine, deal," he replies back.

Both of us divert our attention back to find Mrs. Chivalry and Richard arguing with each other.

"You know why I gave her up Richard? Because of you," she says and his eyes widen in shock. "Because I wanted to protect her from you, I still do. You wouldn't have been able to make her happy Richard, all you cared about is yourself and your money. That's not what a father does. A father takes care of his child and treats her well. Knowing you, you wouldn't have treated her well."

"No, no I'm not a monster," he debates.

"Look at us now Richard. We are in the same dark pit, fighting over our daughter, reminiscing about the old times, dealing with your threats towards my family, again. This will never end Richard, not until you understand the meaning of a father," she tries to explain to him and he just stops and listens and a tear rolls down his eye.

She sighs and shakes her head. "You think of yourself as a suitable father to our daughter right? Well, then we wouldn't be here at midnight fighting about this again after these many years. There is still a part of you left which I liked in high school, the unselfish part which only cared about others. Prove yourself to be a better person, a perfect father to our daughter and I will happily tell you about her."

His eyes widen in shock. "You- you would?" He asks and she nods.

"All I ever wanted ever since I gave our daughter away was to get her back. Not a single day has passed that I have not thought about her. I love her. Richard, she's a part of us which we need to handle delicately instead of marking her as a territory," she explains.

A tear escapes my eyes involuntarily as Cayson slowly watches me. I can see that they both love me, in different ways but they do. I have to give them another chance, they deserve it.

"I- I have always been too focused on hurting you because you gave our daughter away that I never thought about anything else. I love her Olive, trust me I do. It's just different for me. I don't- I don't know how to explain it..." he lowers his head and Mrs. Chivalry takes a step towards him.

"I know you Richard, better than anyone. You love her, in your sick and twisted way but you love her. You haven't loved anyone the way you love our daughter. It doesn't make you a bad person Richard but you are using that love as a weapon to destroy everyone and everything instead of holding onto the hope of finding her."

I can't believe that my biological parents are right in front of me. This has been my wish ever since I was a little girl. All I ever wanted was to find them.

They are both broken, like me. They have also suffered staying away from me, as I have from them.

"Olive I- I don't..." he stops and sighs deeply. "I don't know what I would tell our daughter when I ever see her. I can't tell her about how much I hurt you for abandoning her. I'm sorry Olive."

A tear rolls down his cheek.

"Richard, I don't know if I can forgive you but I will ask her if she wants to see you. She has a huge heart, she might forgive you and you might get all the happiness you ever wanted. You can also be happy Richard."

"I- I can?" He gasps and she nods with a small smile. "I can- I can also be happy?"

"Yes, yes you can," she says and tears roll down both of their cheek and I just stand there looking at them.

My family is just at an arm's reach. All I have to do is forgive them. Do I even have a heart that big?

Mr. Chivalry quickly runs to Olive and holds onto her while Richard just stands there. Richard slowly walks outside in defeat, and hopelessness.

Cayson pulls me outside by my arm and we sit in my car and drive away.

___

Another update? Hell yea!

I am literally in tears about how Olive and Richard have been through the same thing three times for their daughter. It's actually sad when you actually gave up your child for adoption and then you want them back.

My heart aches for Olive.

Don't forget to support me by pressing that little star at the bottom of your screen. Thank you!