Chapter Thirteen

En başından başla

Worse than that, everyone was staring.

Before I could truly register that and calmly respond, I blew my top. "Aaron you have zero seconds to let go of this chair!"

No respose.

I started thrashing against the pull with my hands gripping the sides of the chair in a wild attempt to slow him down. This was the dumbest thing I could've done besides jumping right off.

Stupid Aaron Fode tripped backwards and toppled over the chair, thus crushing me underneath it and his huge body.

Before I knew it my hands were around his neck. "Why are you such an aggressive jerk!?"

I shook him violently. There wasn't one drop of control in me. Heaven knows how close Aaron came to an untimely death that day.

"Why are you such an aggressive BITCH," he fired back in a strangled gasp. He was running out of oxygen.

Good.

I slapped him across the face and rolled on top of him. "Don't ever talk to me like that!"

He seemed to nod his head as his ugly face began to turn the strangest shade of purple.

Better.

"Oh, Alyson, stop," Nica cried unconvincingly. She appeared to be enjoying the show just as much as everyone else, possibly more.

That wasn't nearly enough to stop me. Gina had to pry my body off of Aaron's and eject me from the cafeteria altogether to dispel the scuffle.

And to keep me from resisting Gina's hold on me, Kelly had to help restrain my arms and legs. All the while, Emma talked sense into me.

"It's okay, no teachers saw, alright," she voice wasn't soothing. She sounded very scared.

Nica sauntered over to us with an amused grin on her lips. "I never thought that such a little person could pack such a punch."

My responding grin was natural. "Now do you believe I could take you?"

She nodded and laughed. "You totally wrecking Aaron Fode gives me a new outlook on life."

"Seriously?"

"No, but it was hilarious to watch."

I easily broke free from my restraints. Kelly and Emma looked very relieved that I was back to my normal self, but Gina seemed pouty.

"Looks like all Aaron's muscles are good for nothing," Kelly joked.

"Nothing but licking...."

I cringed at Emma's crude fantasy. Originally, when I met Aaron he had no face. Then, he was the ugliest guy I'd ever laid eyes upon.

And now when I looked at his face, all I saw was a huge red blur.

Nica placed a firm pat on my back and let out a huge laugh.

"Everything is better when you're around, Aly. You're such a rainbow."

I rolled my eyes and squirmed away from her.

What kind of compliment was that?

*

Gina and I walked to History with Nica trailing silently behind us.

I wasn't sure exactly what to make of her today. She was being slightly annoying, but was so much taller and therefore heavier than me that I couldn't chance taking a swing on her. Even if I had allowed her to walk with me and Gina, she seemed too out of it to talk, anyway.