Chapter Thirteen

Hello reader :) remember to leave a vote on this chapter and have a great day. If you have a sec please answer this in the comments: Who are your favorite fictional badasses? Meaning movies or books. Tata
LOVE ALWAYS
YOUR MUSIC2MAX <3

« « « « « « « « « « « « «

• Samantha Ried•

« « « « « « « « « « « « «

CHAPTER THIRTEEN : RAINBOWS, DAYDREAMS, AND OTHER NICA THINGS

Tuesday, Sept. 24th

"Only you, Alyson. You are so dramatic."

I huffed and glared at my smirking best friend. "So? I deserved that mental health day."

"And you got it."

The girls were looking at us back and forth like this was a tennis match. They hadn't seen anyone talk to me like that before, and were probably afraid for Veronica's well being.

"But so did he," I growled. Sharing was never my forte.

Nica probably rolled her dark eyes behind her huge sunglasses as she laughed at me. "And?"

The shades she was sporting, while fabulous, were well out of uniform but no one seemed to care. If it were me, Mackey would have expelled me.

"Shut up!" I slammed both of my hands on the table. Though I wasn't actually throwing a tantrum, I was in an explosive mood- a ticking time bomb.

I could feel a particularly bad one coming on.

My 'friends' all flinched at the sound of the impact.

Nica laughed again. This time it was even louder than before. "You know, I actually rather like Cole."

I forgot all about my petulant anger. Every other girl at the lunch table stared at Veronica in utter shock. For once, I was on the same page as them.

"You...like.....but Cole? Why?"

I was surprised that Gina was the one who spoke. She was always so silent around Nica.

I was even more surprised when Nica answered like nothing out of the ordinary had happened. "He's hot."

"No," I objected fervently, finding myself. Not that I could be sure. All I knew was that he had limbs and hair and a face. And a few other things, but that was basically it.

Veronica took a bite out of her wrap. My food had been finished within the first ten minutes of lunch. When she finished chewing she looked over at me with playful disapproval.

"You seriously need to get over your grudge at him. It's been like four periods."

The girls at the table started to laugh, then saw that I was unamused and stopped. Kelly was quickly at my defense.

"But if Mrs. Potler even said that Aly's pie was the best, it's not fair that Cole won the mental health day too."

"Thank you, Kelly," I gushed while glaring at Nica.

"Whatever," she shrugged. I saw an evil glint in her eye. "Fode alert."

My eyes narrowed. "Very funny, Nica. I told you not to do that."

"Okay," she sang.

I felt a tug on the back of my seat.

"What the-"

The legs of the red cafeteria chair were scraping against the floor at an amazing speed. Someone had grabbed the back of my chair and was pulling me away. I turned my head around and saw an annoyingly persistent blonde.