Chapter Six

SONG:

BODY ELECTRIC by LANA DEL REY

(Instrumental) Because it has the right attitude for this chapter. Can you tell I'm obsessed with Lana Del Rey yet?

« « « « « « « « « « « « «

• Samantha Ried•

« « « « « « « « « « « « «

CHAPTER SIX : THE TALE OF KYLE MACKEY

Thursday, Sept. 19th

After I washed my hair, I wrapped it up in a pink towel. It was clearly cheap and I longed for mine back at home. Everything in Nebraska just pissed me off.

With a sigh, I put on some of Alyson Ward's pajamas and picked up my phone to check for any messages from central control.

As soon as I opened them, I saw a two from Gina, one from Strawberry and a strange one from an unknown number. I clicked on it and read the message.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" The shock I felt made my voice come out in something less than a whisper.

My shaking fingers dropped the phone.

I wasn't exactly sure how to react. Should I kill myself? Should I kill everyone?

Then the rampage began.

I stormed down the stairs getting angrier and angrier with every step.

Let us take a moment of silence to commemorate the lives of a noble table lamp and three glass cups that died at the hands of a raging teenage bitch.

The living room was turning a troubling shade of red as I struggled to get a handle on my rage. It hadn't been this crazy in a while.

"Sam! Calm down," Martha tried. Her voice was too shocked to be considered soothing. She and Jared ran down the stairs to see what had caused me to blow.

"Don't touch me," I warned when Jared's hand grew too close to my back.

He jerked it away.

I took a deep breath and the reddish tint was almost gone.

"Why is there glass on the-"

"Stop. TALKING!"

Martha and Jared shot each other terrified looks. It wasn't like I was really going to kill them or anything. The familiar feeling of annoyance took the place of my rage and I was back to my usual self.

My guardians sighed in relief.

"Are you oka-"

"No, I am not okay."

Jared nodded. "Okay, okay. What happened?"

Anger shot up my body for a brief moment as I recalled the reason for my mini rampage. "Aaron fucking Fode happened."

Martha furrowed her eyes brows. "Ummm-"

"Can I talk!?"

"YES! Shut up, Martha," Jared interjected, happy to not be at fault. Martha was too scared to throw anything back at him.

I cleared my throat to begin again. "He's blackmailing me."

Martha opened her mouth to speak again, but Jared put his hand over her lips. Good.

"I have to go to some stupid party at his house tomorrow night."

"Why," Martha gasped. She'd fought her way out of Jared's restricting hands.