Nightshifter

The Stars and darkness bathed the night sky. I watched the cosmos soar across the sky. I've never seen the constellations so very clear. The ocean reflected the cosmos and every single shining star within it, it reflected so well that it looked as if it was a clear mirror. Both two skies, a thin black line divided the skies. Rayial's and my reflection shattering the mirror.

The black line shown bumps across its surface. I knew at that moment they were isles. We would rest on one of those isles, till dawn.

Suddenly a black figure flew above us. Shift and quick which blurred its figure. Rayial stopped on the water and the water around us glowed blue. Rayial growled and I grabbed the Scalibur. Its blade glittered in my palm, reflecting off the sea and sky. The figure was gone, no where to be seen. Rayial turned around and the figure stood on the starry waters. It had a odd mask which hid its face but I could clearly see it's purple glowing eyes. It was in a shape of a fox except it was a size of a small wolf and glowing purple patterns scattered across its short silky black fur. It had two tails, which the ends glowed purple. The water below its paws glittered purple.

"What are you? Some kind of fox?" I whispered still holding out my glittering sword in case it took the wrong action, attacked.

"You should be dead." The fox echoed in a young chiming female voice. "But since I see that beautiful sword your holding there I didn't kill you, so consider yourself lucky."

She circled around me. She flicked her two tails confidently. "And no, I'm not a fox, I'm a kitsune. Or more like a werekitsune if that's what you elves call me."

"Elf I'm no elf, I'm a human." My voice erupted in anger. "Oh, I didn't see your ears. Plus are all humans supposed to be dead?" She asked. "They were too weak for their own good, and is that a Raditor you enslaved there?"

I decided to not talk to this stupid whatever she called herself. She was wasting my time. "So if your not going to kill me how about you let me leave, I have important business to attend to." I inquired.

"What you think this is? You said you were human! You would rather be hiding from all of the monsters in this world instead of running towards your own death. So that's why I'm deciding to keep you as a pet." Rayial lifted his tail and shot a blue beam of light into her chest. The purple patterns on her body glowed.

She levitated in the air and suddenly the world went dark.

***

I opened my eyes to see my hands cuffed by vines. My armor stripped off of me and the only clothes I had were my long grey trousers. I was in a giant room full of vines and cracks that lit the room with sun rays. I looked over to my side to see Rayial tied up in vines.

"Well finally your awake." Rayial growled in anger. "And this is where you got us, in a island full of nightshifters that were believed to of had went extinct long ago by the demons."

"Well I can't read your mind anymore so what the heck are they?" I asked. "Haha, Shiro. I was getting tired of constantly listening to your inner thoughts so I used my magic and went through some intense training in order to hide my thoughts from you and not listen to you moaning and groaning constantly in your mind."

"Plus the nightshifters are stupid evil creatures which should of died long ago. They consume the powers of other creatures and make themselves even more powerful. They're too powerful and that's why they should be extinct. That should completely clear up your confusion. Now let's find a way to get out of here!"

Rayial's tail ripped out of the vines and he shot his blue beams of light from his tail at the vines. "Where you going!" Shouted a familiar voice. I turned around to see a beautiful slim girl with long shining black hair. She didn't have much clothing on but a satin purple skirt and purple breastplate which only covered her giant breasts. Her skin was pale and shimmering, she seemed to have a aura, a aura that kept my eyes on her beautiful violet eyes.

"We need to get out of here Shiro!" Shouted Rayial. "Get up now and hop on!"

"Your not leaving so soon. I've still haven't introduced myself. I'm Lunora. You know the kitsune you saw yesterday? Yeah I'm a werewolf, or a werekitsune."

She then lifted her arms towards Rayial and he was once again trapped inside many vines. He fell limp on the rocky ground, probably a sleeping spell.

"You know little human, you've caught my attention. After all you trained a fierce Raditor and plus you have this scali-thing or whatever you call it. I'm only 16 years old which doesn't even cut half of a century old so I'm still learning am I right?" She joked.

"Ok so Lunora or whatever your name is, me and Rayial have to defect the legendary Whispir and you and your little puppy friends need to step away because that giant thing is going to pop out of the ground and destroy Ratellia so can you please let us go and give us back our stuff." I ordered.

"Wow, I think I should take you to the empress because that sounds incredible. The legendary villain Whispir? Dang that sounds amazing! We should really get going!" She removed the vines from my hands and took my hands. "Come on and follow me, now that I introduced myself who are you?" She asked.

Well I guess now that I think she's letting me go I could tell her my name. I thought.

"My name is Shiro."