Jinyoung and Dawon (2)

"What is it that you need to ask, Jinyoung-ssi?", asked Dawon back to Jinyoung. "Are you a foreigner?", asked Jinyoung carefully. Dawon smiled, "Hahaha... so it's just that. I thought it would be something more important. I'm korean. Can't you tell from my name? Moon Dawon. But I'm also Indonesian. My mom is... uh I mean was." Dawon looked at her watch and continued, "I'm sorry, Jinyoung-ssi, I need to go." Dawon then left without giving Jinyoung a chance to respond.
So she's half Indonesian, but why did she talk about her mom in past tense? Hmm... Jinyoung then saw his friends going out from the dance practice room and remembered that he also had a vocal practice. He stopped thinking about Dawon and went to the vocal practice.
A few days went by and Jinyoung didn't give Dawon much thought until that day.
Jinyoung went to a restroom near the entrance but it was full. He then decided to go to the restroom in the corner of the building, next to the unused room. That restroom was rarely used because there were many rumors about it. All the rumors were of course, ghost related. Some people said sometimes they could hear female voices screaming or talking faintly. Jinyoung didn't believe in those rumors, but he still rarely went to that restroom because it was located pretty far from his usual practice rooms.
Jinyoung walked to that restroom and when he was close to it he heard some faint voices from the unused room. "Please..... don't.... Please." Jinyoung had goosebumps. He was about to run but he didn't. As much as he was scared, he was also curious about those voices. Is it really ghost? It could be someting else, thought Jinyoung to himself. He then walked slowly to the door of the unused room. He saw a small hole on the door so he decided to peek through it. What he saw was very disturbing.
There were three trainee girls pinning one girl's body down and one of them was holding a pair of scissors.  Jinyoung then opened the door without thinking and rushed to help the girl. The three bullies were surprised by Jinyoung's action and quickly ran out of the room leaving Jinyoung with the bullied girl on the floor. That girl was in a horrible condition. She was only wearing one shoe, her clothes were wet and dirty, and her hair was covering half of her face. She got up and looked at Jinyoung. Jinyoung took a closer look at her and... "Moon Dawon? You are Moon Dawon right?" Dawon tidied her hair a little and smiled, "Hi, Jinyoung-ssi, thank you so much for your help and sorry that you have to see me in this horrible condition."
Jinyoung thought she was going to cry or tremble in fear after what happened, but she smiled instead. He didn't understand. "Dawon, why are you smiling? Look at what they did to you. They were pinning you down while holding scissors, who knows what they would have done if I didn't come?" Dawon shook her head and smiled again. "It's nothing. They weren't going to do something super dangerous, they were just about to cut my hair and it's okay. Hair grows back." Upon hearing this, Jinyoung remembered back when he was at his parents house. His sisters would cry everytime the hair stylist cut their hair too short, even if it was just a little too short. At that moment, Jinyoung knew that this girl was trying so hard to smile like this in front of him and she was actually really scared. Jinyoung then remembered that he had to go to the restroom and told Dawon, "Listen, Moon Dawon, I really need to go to the restroom now but stay here, okay? I'll come back here. Please stay here until I come back or I will be mad at you." Dawon then nodded and Jinyoung left for the restroom.
When Jinyoung went back to the unused room, he saw Dawon sitting in the corner of the room. He went closer to her and saw her face carefully. Her beautiful face was unharmed, and he was glad because of that, but he saw that her eyes were a little red. "You were crying right?"
She shook her head. Jinyoung continued, "Listen, Moon Dawon, I know how you feel right now so you don't have to pretend to look okay in front of me. I never go through what you just experienced but I cry too sometimes. Being a trainee itself is hard enough and now you have to go this. You can cry and talk about it. I will be here for you." After hearing those words, Dawon started crying really hard. She was crying for a while before she could talk to Jinyoung. She told Jinyoung her story. Moon Dawon was born in Indonesia to a Korean father and an Indonesian mother. She was also raised in Indonesia. Her mother had had health problems since she was little and was in the hospital a lot. When Dawon told her mom that she wanted to be a kpop artist, her mom was very supportive but her dad wasn't. Before her mom passed away, she told Dawon that she had to chase her dream. She also asked Dawon's dad to help her achieve the dream by supporting her. After Dawon's mom passed away, Dawon and her dad moved to Korea. Dawon started attending Korean school and being a trainee at JYP entertainment. Dawon's singing skill was okay but her dance skill was exceptional. She excelled so fast in dancing classes and that caused the trainer to compare the rest of the class to her. Sometimes the rest of the dance class got punishment from the dance trainer but Dawon didn't. That's why some girls were jealous of Dawon.
Jinyoung nodded, "So that's why you were in the same dance class as me."
Dawon answered, "Yes, I recently got moved up to your class. Only for dancing class."
"Did you tell your dad about this?", asked Jinyoung to Dawon.
"No, I didn't. If I did, he would tell me to stop being a trainee." answered Dawon.
Jinyoung then looked at Dawon in the eyes, "Say, Dawon, do you regret moving to Korea?"
Dawon smiled brightly again and answered, "No, I don't. Being a trainee and having to deal with those girls are hard but I'm happy because I'm closer to my dream now. School is hard too but I have a friend who is also a trainee in another company and she's a really great person."
Jinyoung then smiled, "That's great then. I'm not really good at giving advices, but I think you should just keep going. If you're bullied like this again, just look for me and ask for my help okay?"
Dawon smiled and nodded.

P.s. thank you so much for reading and please look forward to the next chapter <3