"You bet I have some, lover boy. Those Andromedans didn't even search me. That's how little a threat they think I am. But we'd better wait until they take off. We'll be the only ones around here then." Brad pressed his forehead against Saroh's. "They're going inside the mountain to the City of Death. They must be meeting the other ship in there. I saw it from the Balanga as it descended into the volcano."

"I didn't see that one." Saroh eased his squirming and they stood there almost moveless, just their slight trembling from the adrenaline rush of having reunited. "It must've landed after I came down from the crater and went into the jungle. I was hoping the Balanga would be anchored near the lagoon so I could swim out to it. We cruised along this shore when we first got here after going through that insane volcanic sea. I didn't think we'd make it through there. I was sure one of those reefs or eruptions would destroy us."

Brad kissed the boy's nose. "That was fucking awful, wasn't it? How'd the Andromedans get you?"

"There's a path that leads from the mountain stairway through the jungle to this old village. I got to the stone wall on the other side and saw the ship through a break in it. It was already on the ground. Cripes, I couldn't believe it. A real fucking flying saucer. As big as a hotel, too. And right away two of those guards spotted me."

Saroh rocked his head back and forth against Brad's. "I'd stolen a gun from Kee but hid it in the bush before the guards were on top of me. They had those freaking ray guns like in the comic books and Flash Gordon serials."

"Almost the exact same thing happened to me," Brad said. "Did they call that Commandant Egron out to see you?"

"Yah, they made me wear one of those rings so I could understand them, and big Crocodile Man was pretty much surprised I was here, but he didn't seem very interested in me otherwise." Saroh snorted. "But the soldiers sure were. They were flirting like crazy. And they all look like your buddy Jimmy."

Brad kissed Saroh's nose again. "He's your buddy too now. And he's even prettier than the Andromedan soldiers."

"Sure, he's got those gorgeous blue eyes. Which island boys usually don't have. I've never seen it before."

Brad snuggled closer. "I like your dark ones. They make me want to climb right into them so I can know what it's like to be inside your head."

Saroh giggled. "You wouldn't like it. I'm too antsy. I hate to stay still. When that reptilian bozo told them to lock me up, I thought I was gonna go nuts. I flirted like crazy with the guards on the way over here, thought maybe we could have a quickie in the bush and they'd let me go. But no, they had to follow orders, the fuckers."

Brad ran his fingers up and down the boy's back. "I'd love being inside you, Saroh. I'd calm you down real fast. Then I'd play with your hot body all fucking day long so I can really get to know it. And there's a whole bunch of those soldiers, and they all seem to be queer. And they've got each other. I bet they really have a good time on their long space journeys."

"They did answer some questions," Saroh said in a more serious tone. "Long time ago the reptilians used to abduct kanaka boys from these islands because they were so strong and manly, and they'd take them back to Andromeda. They used them to create a human-like soldier race. Those guys are 'genetically-engineered', whatever the fuck that means. The reptilians know how to clone them. And they're made in laboratories. They have no mothers and fathers and grow up in barracks. And they live for a really long time, like three to four thousand Earth years.

"And guess what?" he went on, giggling again. "They didn't abduct kanaka girls. So they never made any. It's just the guys. Naturally they're not attracted to the reptilian women, so they all tend to like each other."