7: SEA PIRATES!

Photo  - Brad on board

**

DANGER in the hot tropical night! 

The cabin was suddenly flooded with light. Brad swung quickly around to see Clint standing by the wall switch in his  briefs, gaping at him in astonishment.

"Man! Hey! What happened?"

Brad strode over to his berth and hurriedly pulled on his pants. "Someone's hand came through that porthole and there was a gun in it. Aimed right at you. He tried to kill you!"

He pulled on his shoes, fumbling to tie the laces, and huffed out an excited breath. "I jumped over and smashed his hand against the casing. I think I broke it. But it diverted the bullet. He screamed and dropped the gun, then ran off. Looked like the same man I chased on the island last night."

Clint looked at the gun on the floor, then up at the bullet hole above his berth. "Damn! Thanks, Brad. That was quick thinking. He would've killed me."

In one quick movement Brad was at the door. "I'm goin' after him. I'll toss your clothes in through the porthole. They'll still be wet so you'll have to wear the clean ones."

But Clint grabbed him by the shoulders and stopped him. "Wait a minute! You ... you saved my life!"

The next moment Clint had pulled him so close and tight that Brad could hardly breathe.

Clint was whispering in his ear, "You fucker! You just have a way of getting under my skin every time I think I've got you out from there. I love you, Brad. I swear I do. You risked your life to save mine, and I can pick up that gun right now and shoot myself for not telling you that I love you earlier when you wanted to hear it."

Brad's heart was banging as Clint squeezed him even tighter. "I still wanna hear it. You can tell me all day and all night. But let me go. I gotta get that thug!"

"Screw him. I want to kiss you. I coulda been dead right now and never been able to hold you and kiss you again."

Their lips met, strong and passionate, yet sweet and tender, and Brad was lost to the roar of sensation coursing through him. He knew Clint might be back to his usual frame of mind in just an hour or maybe a day, but for now he was loving and grateful and Brad reveled in it.

But a minute later he pulled away. "I gotta go! I gotta get that guy. He's gotta know where my dad is. We can finish this later. All fuckin' night long."

Clint reluctantly let him go and Brad ran out of the cabin, his mind in total chaos. The whole thing was incredible. The hand coming in the window, the shooting, the way he'd flung himself over to the porthole and grabbed the intruder's hand. And the way Clint had reacted, actually saying he loved him.