Dead pt. 2 •Jonah•

Jonah's POV

Y/N💕

Hey Y/N/N can we meet up?

Hey Jo
Sure where do you wanna meet?

At the park today at 15:30?

Oh ok I'll see you there

For real?

Of course Jonah I'm still a
woman of my word

Okay see ya then

So I guess she accepted. Ok I need to look good, I need to impress her. I have an hour.

Your POV

Okay Jonah wanted to meet up, wich is kind of weird since I haven't seen him since he came to me at the coffee shop. Our special place. That was almost 3 weeks ago, I know he's been busy but... I don't know. That's why we broke up after all.

We texted a couple of times but it only hit me now, we're actually meeting up to talk after everything. I don't think I can control myself, I'm still in love with him but I guess he'll never know.

Okay calm down, get out of the car and just go talk to your friend, who's waiting for you there looking like a freaking model that just came out of your dreams.

Who am I trying to fool? He has my heart and I don't know if I want it back to be honest.

"Hey Jonah!" I try not to stutter as I walk towards him and he looks up from his phone with that beautiful smile that lights up my world.

"Hey Y/N/N nice to see you. I'm sorry for planning this out of nowhere." he says pulling me in for a quick hug. I just wanna stay in his arms forever.

"It's totally cool, I didn't have any plans anyways. It's actually nice to come here, with you."

Wow smooth, you're making a fool of yourself. He lets out a little giggle as we start walking. I look at him a bit afraid of what he was laughing at and he just gives me his sweet smile. Breath deep, in and out.

"I agree. So how's life? Oh that photography thing, how is it going?" he asks and actually seems interested, a thing that usually doesn't happen with anyone else.

"It's going great, thanks for asking. And the band? Aren't you going on tour soon?" I ask, my heart breaking more and more with every word leaving my mouth.

"We're good and yes we are going on tour. In a couple of months, it's only gonna be 3 months but I can't wait, I love my job." he says with that spark on his eyes that made me fall for him the first time.

"I love seeing you happy and talking about your music. You light up completly." I say it out loud and immediatly regret it.

Oh Gosh! What did I just do? He's gonna think I'm a creep. I look down and try to take my words back but I can't. I notice a little blush on his cheeks and a smile on his face, while mine is burning up.

"Thank you, you're probably the only one that cares if I'm happy or not. I notice when you're glowing, it's when you achieve something you really wanted or when someone makes you really happy, your smile lights up even more, it's blinding."

The words roll out of his tongue so easly like he's totally sure of what he's saying. I remember catching him staring at me. He's the cutest human being alive.

"Look, going straight to the point, I miss you. Like, a lot. I can't sleep at night because I don't know how you're feeling or if you're safe. I'm an asshole for even thinking of breaking up with you. I can make time for us. Now I know how it hurts I won't loose you again." he says stoping in front of me.

I'm totally paralysed, I can't even think straight. So he does miss me.

"Jonah, I miss you too, but I don't think this is gonna work out. You're going on tour and eventually will forget about me. I'm afraid we both have to finally move on, after all you can't keep watering a dead rose."

"What if the rose was never dead? I tried to forget about you but I can't, we need to give it a try. Just give a second chance please. I love you."

Jonah speaks pulling me closer and pressing our foreheads together. Tears threatning to fall down, for both of us. My hands find his and I intertwine our fingers.

"I love you too. Okay I give you one more chance but just promise me I'll have time for me, for us." I say looking into his eyes.

"I promise with my whole life." he says before starting to lean in, I do to and our lips connect.

That spark never left, guess he felt it too because pulls me even closer and deepens the kiss by craddling my face. When we pull away my cheeks are burning up and I hide my face on his chest. He holds me closer and kisses my head.

"Jonah, can I ask you something?" I look up at him as we're still holding each other.

"Of course." he says putting some hair behind my ear and looking in my eyes.

"Why now? Why didn't you call me earlier?"

"Simply because I was scared. The biggest mistake of my life was "dating" that gold digger, I only did it to forget about you. When I saw you in the coffee shop, memories came to me. I couldn't let you go again but when you said you were meeting some guy, my heart broke. I got scared of losing you for real."

"Well you didn't. You'll never lose me, only against my will." I tell him smiling at his cuteness.

"In that case, what do you say we go home, to my house and catch up on everything, where there's no people and possibly fans." he says grabing my hands again.

"I would love to." I smile before he pecks my lips and we start walking to the exit. There's actually not many people but some privacy would be great. Guess the flame wasn't dead.