Third Wheel

Nalu P.O.V

"Hows your wings Skipper"

"I won't be able to fly until the next full moon" she whimpered. We were at the forest café on our first date since the party. "Sirena feels terrible about what she did"

"Now your defending her for what she did?!"

"No not all, I just don't want you to think badly about my best friend" I instantly regretted what I said. "Best friends huh...well who's more important, her, or me?" she held my hand "Uh....you.." She smiled and kissed me. I felt so guilty for saying that. Our waiter showed up with my seafood salad, and Skipper ordered a steak, she has a large appetite. "Hey how about I show you my world, with wing protectors and a helmet of course." I smiled, some times with Sirena I'm sure she'd love her. "Ummmm I don't know honey...your world is so..fishy....and wet...and I don't like the smell of it"

"...You do know...I'm a merman, I always smell...fishy"

"Oh..well not to me" she sweetly giggled, "come on, please"

"Mmmmm..fine, but my helmet has to be freshened up with my signature sent" she sprayed me with perfume. I started coughing "it smells like burnt, anything"

"Its char coal" she sprayed more on herself "ok go get yourself suited up I'm gonna go get my place ready" I excitedly ran towards the pond and dove in, the feeling of my tail was sweet relief, legs are so painful, I swam to Sirena's house and knocked on the door. She opened the door with an angry look on her face, this is not like her she's always smiling, I noticed she had a basket in her hand. "Oh no today is your weekly donation isn't it" I face palmed "yes and you forgot" she swam out. We agreed that every week we'd donate all the rescued mer-people hand made material, clothes, blankets, furniture, food, and others .

"Well I have a surprise! not only will I be helping you out with the donating, so will Skipper!" Sirena dropped her baskets, "oops hehe, oh.. your ru... really great girlfriend, fun"

"yup! the more the merrier" she didn't seem as excited as I hopped. "You ok..?" I asked. "Uh... yeah, just thinking, today we are going to be visiting every mer-person rescued from our area, what if our parents didn't make it" the thought that our parents might be here hit me hard, my heart sank and anxiety levels rose. "Oh... I..Didn't"

"NALU! HELP!" I heard Skipper scream from outside, "Skipper?!" I swam outside as fast as I could. I found Skipper struggling to swim and surrounded by fish, I gently took her hands and she yanked them away and grabbed my neck and hoisted her legs up making me carry her bridal style.

"What happened?!"

"Those things attacked me!" She pointed at the fish, I laughed and put her down, she kept her grip around my neck. "Fish can't attack you"

"Nalu I don't know how to swim! And this water is ruining my hair and make up." She whined, "Sirena can help you with that! She loves hair and makeup and hers always seems to stay intact, here, Sirena! Look who's here."

Sirena POV

I sighed and swam out the door with a third basket. "Sirena! There you are, do you think you can give Skipper tips on hair and makeup"

"I don't need help from.....how can I put this....a beginner" I tightened my grip on the basket, and shoved one at her. "Uhum what's this?"

"Nalu promised to help me donate material to all the families today, and he said you'd be oh so happy to help" I glared at her. "Of course I am, it's just the type of great girlfriend I am" the way she said that felt taunting.

"Hey! You can help us look for our parents! You'll know them when you see them" Nalu said excitedly. I know what he's doing, he was trying to get us to like each other, not gonna happen. "Nalu don't let go of my hand I can't swim" Skipper said as innocently as possible. "Don't worry I've got you"