Chapter 12 - Manholes

Clint helps you dressing up. After the one hour and a half of sleep, you feel as bad as before but you made a promise, you’re going to keep it. Your husband walks next to you, an arm around your waist just in case you fall.

“Are you sure it’s wasn’t just a dream?”

“Yes… Clint?” You stop and turn to face your husband.

“What is it, Sweetie?” He asks, taking your face with his both hand so you were looking at each other’s eye.

You aren’t sure if you should talk about this but it might be the only chance you’ll have.

“Hum… About earlier… The baby…” You sigh, tears starting to appear in your eyes.

“Shut… It’s ok… It happens sometime.” Your love replies, taking you in his strong arms. “We’ll try again… I know it hurt, we lost a child but we have to get over this together.”

You nod as you agree to his point. but you can read in his eyes the pain he feel but you don’t say a word knowing you’ll probably can talk with him later when everything will be normal, again.

At the lab, they are all around a square table, probably Tony’s new acquisition. A hologram of Manhattan is floating on the top of it. As the door slides open, Tony turns to you.

“Hey, Sleeping Beauty… How are you? Feeling better?”

“…I’m great… Good… I’ve been better…” You answer making everybody laugh.

“Do you have some answers for us?” Steve asks you in a hurry.

“I remember something, we were in a darkish small room… It was cold and wet… There was moisture, no windows anywhere…”

“Remember any odor that can help us?”   

“It smelled like…” You stop.

“Smell like what? (Name)?”

You don’t answer, your eyes are fixing the hologram. Immediately the image change and show the Cafe Sabarsky, where Jane and you were kidnap. And the next second all of the manholes near flashes green.

“How did you do that?” Tony exclaims surprise.

“Electromagnetic waves, Dummy.” Natasha replies depressed with the billionaire stupidity.

“Oh right!” He remembers then looks back at you with a grin. “Sewer, really?”

“(Name), you couldn’t do that before… Showing us what your brain sees. All your powers have increased…” Bruce analyse rapidly.

“I think we need to get to those manholes. Get ready, we have to leave soon.” Steve orders with a strong voice.

“But, (Name) can’t you tell us what we are facing?”

“Just a stupid, crazy, fake Doctor Evil, more evil than the one in the Austin Powers movies. And I’ll say fifty Zultrans, Doctor Evil’s soldier…” You answer Bruce question turning to get out of the lab. “Oh and an early 20’s male, human, with the power of levitation…”

Everyone of them looks at each other surprised but they are too busy trying to get ready to reply.

“Are you sure you’re ok to go, (Name)? You look awful.” Tony says laughing at you.

“Thanks Tony. It’s actually the first time you say something this nice to me…” You growl sarcastically walking out with Clint on your side.

You look at Clint getting dressed in your room while you think about how lucky you are to have a husband this nice, romantic and funny.

“I wanted to tell you, I’m really impressed about the Hulk thing earlier… You know your powers are really strong?” He asks you, threading a shirt over his head.