Chapter 25 - The truth about Bashmakov

When Carl came to tell you to run, the panic almost got you. You were not even to the stairs yet when you started to think about Clint. Is he safe? How can I communicate with him now? Will he know that I'm alright in the safehouse? Those were the questions that you asked yourself for hours. In the underground parking lot, stress grabbed your guts when you saw two agents, guns in their hands, searching for deserters. Benjamin in your arms, breathing heavily, trying to think of a plan to get you two out of there alive, you heard the door of the second elevator opened. A man and a woman came out, well more sneeking out, trying not to get cought. But the two agents heard the elevator coming and both ran right at them. You took the chance while they were busy and ran at the closest unlocked car you could find with the nearest satellite. You put Benjamin with his blankets on the floor of the passenger seat so no bullet would hurt him or where he wouldn't fall and you started to play with the strings under the steering wheel to start the car. The second it started, you pushed the gaz pedal to the floor and drove out the parking space. The two guards heard you and shot at you, letting the two other ostages ran away. You made a wide turn and the two ostages were running in front of you. You bipped once and they knew what you meant. Without saying it twice, they jumped in the car. You reconized them, it was Kimmy Abraham from internal research and Adam Klark from the training section. Kimmy jumped in front and took Benjamin in her arms. The bullet hit the car but luckily not you or your passengers. You drove fast to the exit where the doors were almost closed. You hit the gaz and got a hold of the streering wheel.

"Hold on!" You screamed at them.

The car hit the doors and they cracked opened. The chopped wood flew around you as the car drove away from the building and on the Boulevard. Five miles away from them, you stopped the car and turned to your passengers.

"We need to go our seperate way. Go to a safe place. Good luck, both of you..."

"You too, Agent Barton." Kimmy replied as she gave you Benjamin back.

She and Adam ran the opposite way and you started to walk the other way to not get the attention on you or your little one. Suddenly, your phone rang, scaring you. You took it out of your pocket and looked at him.

Clint...

But you couldn't answer, Hydra was after all of you. You got near the sewer and throw your cellphone in it. A few seconds after, another phone rang. It was the safe line, the cellphone in the diaper bag. You grabbed it fast and answered this time.

"(Name)? You're okay? Is Benjamin with you?"

"Clint! Yes, we're... We're okay... Where are you?"

"I'm still in Europe. We got trouble. SHIELD is compromised. Where are you?"

"Hum... Five miles from the Headquarters..."

"You need to get to Stark's tower. They can't get us there... They can't fight us if we're together. Go as fast as you can. I'm coming back home... I'll be there tonight. I love you, (Name)."

"Love you too..."

But he already hang up. You walked as fast as you could to Stark's and tried to hide your face from the traffic cam so Hydra's soldier would have difficulties to find you. You took the cab to finish the ride it was to far for you to walk and stay low. You ran upstairs at the tower and tried to get some informations about Clint's flight back. He managed to arrived a few hours after. The second he got in the living room where Tony, Bruce, Thor and you with Benjamin in your arm were waiting for more status from everyone, his bags fell on the floor and he ran at you. He took you in his arms and just kept saying the same thing.