Chapter 5

Charlotte was gone. Jane was gone too, leaving their two husbands alone on the sidewalk. Clint was looking around him to see where his wife could be. He kept screaming her name but never got an answer.

And then another thing happened.

"Carmen? CARMEN?" A man's voice yelled out loud.

Clint looked over his shoulder and found a man, in his twenties, in front of the boutique where the pregnant woman he saw a moment before was but she was gone also. Nowhere to be found with Clint's special sight.

"What the hell is going on?" Clint tried to understand. "Charlotte!" He threw his fist in the air with rage.

Clint's phone started to ring. He took it in a hurry thinking it was his wife calling but it was Tony.

"WHAT?"

"Hello to you too, Birdy."

"I'm not in a mood to laugh at your stupid jokes, Stark. Jane and Charlotte disappeared. We can't find them."

"What do you mean disappeared?"

"They just disappeared, Tony. Jane was the first, then Charlie. And another woman nearby." Clint replied with his voice starting to break. "We need all the Avengers. We have to find them."

"Coming. Clint, don't worry, we'll find them. I promise you." Tony added before he hung up.

"We have to find them? We don't even know where our wives are. How can we find them?" Thor asked, angry.

"I don't know." Clint whispered, looking at the spot where he saw his wife for what could be the last time, tears in his eyes. "I don't know..."

As he hung up the phone, Tony shouted to J.A.R.V.I.S.

"J.A.R.V.I.S, find me Jane and Charlie. NOW!"

"Right away, Sir."

Tony ran up to Steve's room.

"Hey, Cap. We have to go. Charlie and Jane have been kidnapped."

"What happened?" Steve asked, closing his book and getting on his feet.

"Don't know. Clint said they just disappeared." Tony answered while Steve grabbed his suit.

"Sir? I cannot find any vital signal from either Ms. Barton nor Ms. Foster. I'm very sorry Sir."

"It's ok J.A.R.V.I.S. Keep an eye open if anything strange happens again, tell me right away. Comprende?" Tony replied while getting in his suit. "Ready Rogers?" Stark asked, ready to fly out.

"Let me get Natasha and Bruce. Go ahead, we'll go meet you there."

"Fine." Tony replied flying through the open window going to Clint and Thor's location.

"J.A.R.V.I.S. find Natasha and Bruce please."

"Ms. Romanoff is in the gym and Doctor Banner in the lab, Sir."

"Thanks."

Steve ran through the corridors until he made it to the gym. Natasha was training with another agent.

"Natasha, go get suit up. We have a problem. Come meet me at the lab."

"Coming." She said, knocking out the agent.

Steve made it to the lab, Bruce was testing a new chemical for his experiment.

"Bruce, come with me. Clint and Thor need our help."

"What happened?"

"All I know is that their wifes went missing."

"Damn it. Where are they?"

"Agent Barton is at the Cafe Sabarsky, next to Central Park, Sir." J.A.R.V.I.S answered.

"Thanks. Do you think we can borrow one of Tony's cars?"

"I don't think Mr. Stark would be against that idea, Sir."

"If you borrow one of Tony's cars, I'll drive." Natasha jumped in the conversation, coming behind Steve.

"Let's go then."

Tony just arrived at the Cafe to see Clint, eyes full of tears ready to let them out, and Thor, more angry then Hulk could ever be.

"Guys! What happened?"

"There... They were just there. They were coming at us and then Jane... just... disappeared. And Charlie was like, grabbed by something. She tried to get away but she disappeared too. I couldn't see where they were... Even with my hawk vision."

"We have to find my wife, right away, Stark. I just hope it is not one of Loki's tricks to rule the Earth. Because my anger is bigger than ever."

"Do you have any idea where they could be?"

"No...J.A.R.V.I.S. couldn't find them..."

A car stopped right next to them, Natasha driving. Steve and Bruce got out of it.

"What can we do? We have no idea where they are... Should we wait to have a word from them or the ones who kidnapped them before we do something?" Clint asked.

"I guess there's nothing we can do right now since we don't know where they are." Tony answered sadly looking at the two husbands.

Steve and Bruce stood next to them, speechless. Natasha ran to Clint and hugged him. A few tears had made their way out of Clint's eyes.

"It's ok, Clint. It's ok..."

"No... it-it's not. I should have taken a day off and just gone with her. If I would have, none of this would have happened."

"At least she is with Jane."

"Natasha is right!" Thor replied, happier than before."Charlotte is with Jane and she had a good training with S.H.I.E.L.D. She can defend herself and Jane easily."

But what they didn't know is that they weren't the only two...