Chapter 21

"Well, it was about damn time." Stella's irked voice rang in my ears as soon as we entered their house.

Light blue and white helium balloons hung to the surface, their ends almost touching the ground. Milla and Evie's name was written in a curvy font with beautiful decoration done on it and hung on the wall.

"Um, Ethan fell into a puddle, he had to change." I said, for which I received a glare from Ethan.

"Idiot." Ben said, and glared at Ethan.

Ethan looked at me and smirk, "Babe, why don't you tell what actually happened?"

"Babe?" The two of them said in unison and widened their eyes.

I widened my eyes at him. What is he up to?

"Yes," His smirked stayed in tact, "We, um, things heated up and I ended up wrinkling her dress and breaking our bed, so.."

"Ugh, gross." Ben said.

"You guys just had sex before coming here?" Stella dug her nails into my arms.

"What, no-"

"Well," Ben smirked too. "Since it's for a good cause, I'm not mad at you guys. Come on in."

I plastered a death glare on my face and walked inside. Ethan should have known better than messing up with me right now. The confusion and uncertainty of our relationship is already eating me alive. And announcing about our non-existent sex life is totally not helping my situation.

I wonder if he even has this thing bugging him. He is constantly making bold comments about our relationship and bringing us into an awkward silence but none of us have decided to address the situation. I think it's time we talk about it. But that will have to wait until tonight.

"Ethan," I said, and pulled him back for a second. "We forgot to buy presents for Evie and Mila."

"You mean you forgot to buy presents." He replied. "I already got them delivered here today morning."

"Thank god." I sighed. "Did you at least have the courtesy to add my name?"

"Why would I?"

My mouth gaped open. "Ethan, you-"

"Well, we've already the cut the cake since you guys showed up this late." Stella said, barging towards us. "but we could go grab some drinks and leave these guys to themselves."

I closed my mouth and nodded at her. I will have to wait until I kill him tonight.

"Sure," Ethan said, and turned to pin me down with a serious look. "No vodka. You've been drinking a lot lately."

"You don't get to decide that for me." I said.

"I'm not taking you home if you're wasted." He said, and turned around and left, before I could have the time to reply. I sighed and looked at Stella who was having a playful smirk on her lips.

"What?" I asked.

She shook her head, the smile still dangling over her face. "Nothing, let's go."

And we did.

"Stella, you know he's bluffing right?" I asked.

"Who?"

"Ethan. We are late because I had to stop by a store to buy this dress. Not because we were having sex."

Stella rolled her eyes. "I'm not dumb, Skylar. I know you guys probably didn't even kiss properly. Sex is a big thing for you. I gave up on you."

I smiled and wrapped my arms around her. "Aw, don't say that. when have I ever disappointed you?"