Chapter 5

"Couples who fight often are most likely stronger than couples who do not. But it's not the fighting that makes them stronger. It's coming to realization that your relationship is more important than your differences."

~♡~

There were very little people that noticed me when I walked inside. They are probably not used to women walking in with a pair of stripped shorts and an off shoulder with sling bag hanging loose at the side of the waist, while the free hand clutched the phone. As I passed by a few cubicles, my eyes couldn't help but land on the many office notes that had their CEO's and his wife's (who unfortunately had to be me) pictures and congratulation messages.

It made me wonder why people had a very confused look on their face when they were aware of who I am. Or maybe, I indeed caught them off guard by making an abrupt appearance. I walked straight to the reception and shot the man behind the counter one of my brightest smiles.

"Hi, I'm here to meet your CEO." I said, tapping my nails against the desk.

The man behind seemed irked by my casual behaviour and lack of professionalism. He frowned at my fingers that were playing against the desk, and looked back up at me with an unappreciative look.

"Do you have an appointment fixed?" He asked, looking into the screen displayed in front of him.

"Heh, is he a doc? I'm sure he doesn't need an appointment to be fixed." I said, making gestures with my fingers in the most careless manner.

"I'm sorry, we can't allow you to meet him unless it's informed to us. And I don't think we were expecting you." He said.

"I'd like to talk to the CEO himself. Please connect to him and he'll let you know who I am." I said, smiling a little.

"We can't do that. He's in the middle of a meeting." He said.

"I'm glad you are so good at this job, but I'd be rather diappointed if you were to be fired of not attending me properly. Don't cost yourself a job and let me meet him." I said.

He's probably new around here to not know about it. I mean, pictures of us were posted everywhere. How could he not notice that? Or wait, maybe my veil was too opaque for him to recognise me. That must be it.

The man looked irritated and went for the telephone. It just took a couple of sentences to push the man's buttons and make him do what I wanted. The line got connected in less than a minute and the CEO himself was on the line.

"I'm sorry for interupting your meeting, sir. But we have an issue here. There's someone that wants to meet you immediately." He spoke into the phone.

I kept staring at him as he listened to the person on the other side and replied.

"She's quite adamant on meeting you right away. She's threatening my employment if I were to give her an appointment later than now." He said.

After a pause, he asked my name.

"What's you name, ma'am?" He asked.
"Cinderella." I replied, with a smirk.

That was how Ethan used to call me back in high school when things were great between us. I'm sure of the effect it's going to have on him now.

"She says Cinderella, sir." He spoke.

There seemed to have a long pause on the other sir.

"Okay." He said, and put the receiver down.