Chapter 14

The sun was almost down the horizon when we were done with the shopping. Red marks formed on my palms as well as on Ethan's as we carried the bags to the car and sent them to the hotel room.

None of us were tired enough to just go and hit the bed so we decided to go around the city. I wasn't actually in a great mood to spend time with him, considering how much over an control freak he is. But he kind of persuaded me to do so as he is the kind of person that can get things done in a click of his fingers.

But after the phone that I received from Jake, I couldn't get back to being my normal self. The hooded man, and the pistol in his hand were the only things that were running in my mind. I was suddenly feeling scared for Ethan. Just would probably hurt him without a bone of mercy in his body. That scared me to shit. And that didn't go unnoticed.

"You doing alright?" Ethan asked me as we deposited our covers in the car.

I nodded at him. He looked at me for a few seconds and nodded back at me. "You know you can tell me if anything's bothering you."

"No.." I said. "I'm just... worried about Jake.."

As soon as the words left my mouth, I regretted it. That's it. Ethan will know what happened and he'll start questioning me about it. Shit.

"Why?" He asked, with concern. "Are you worried he'll come back to you?"

"No, I..."

"Skylar, look at me." He held me by my shoulders. "He is not going to come back. He is behind the bars, and he won't be out until we remove the charges pressed against him. You got that?"

I nodded, realising how I just got him out of the Jail. "Yes."

"Good." He said. "And even if he escapes, I'm not going to let him come close to you or do as much as lay a finger on you."

"I know." I said with a sigh.

"Forget what happened. That's the only way." He said, his hand now going down to clutch my palm with his.

I nodded and glanced down at our entwined fingers. A small smile formed on my lips.

He frowned at me. "Why are you smiling?"

I looked up at him. "The paparazzi's watching." I lied to him.

He narrowed his eyes. "Really? That's all?"

"Yes. Why else would I be laughing?" I teased him.

He smirked and pulled me towards him. Without warning, he kissed me again.

I pulled back and gaped at him.

Fake innocence crossed his face. "What, the paparazzi's watching."

I narrowed my eyes at him while he just chuckled. He swung an arm around my shoulders and let me throw the road.

We walked on for a while and bought some coke on the way. It was beginning to get dark and we were still aimlessly walking on the road.

"Are you going to buy me dinner or not?" I asked him, when we saw a tiny restaurant towards the left side of the pavement.

"You hungry?" He asked.

"Yep." I said.

"You gotta wait until we head back to the hotel." He said.

"What, no! That's going to take long!"

He looked at me. "We don't have a choice."

"We do. Look over there!" I pointed to the small restaurant.