Genevieve is Very Fine

Start from the beginning

Julie only raised her eyebrows, as if to say 'what?' right back.

I shook my head started on my ice cream. The tree near us didn't provide much shade, mostly because the sun was shining on my side. That meant not only was the sun hitting me directly, but all that nice shade went to Julie.

Even the Sun likes her.

Why world, why?

Not only that, but my ice cream had sprinkles. Not just any sprinkles too, it was the colorful type. Julie did this to spite me, probably because I made her get the ice cream this time.

Julie grinned as she threw me a sideways glance. "Like the sprinkles?"

"Lovin' it," I said, sarcastically. "How do you like the shade?"

"It's pretty nice." She was smiling so hard it looked like her cheeks hurt. "How's the sun treating you?"

"Great, it's treating me great."

I heard Julie laugh beside me and I almost pulled a pout. Being roasted by the Sun's totally not gentle glow was no laughing matter.

"Do you want to trade places?"

I shook my head, I would not wish this agony on even Dylan and definitely not Julie. That's cruel. "It's fine."

"Your ice cream is melting."

I looked at it and realized that it was, but not so much that it was all liquid. It didn't look as nice as before.

Julie seemed to notice my distaste for it. "Can I have it?"

I glanced at the leftover ice cream and then at her. "You sure?"

"Mm-hm."

I gave it to her and almost regretted it. It's that feeling you get when you give away good food, whether it because you were full or because you felt like a fat ass. I say almost because I don't like liquefied ice cream.

"How aren't you 300 pounds yet?"

Julie licked the ice cream off her lips. "Magic."

"Bull," I said. "Tell me your secret."

"Okay." She smiled and gestured for me to get closer. I did so and in my ear, she whispered, "genetics." She leaned back and put a finger on her lips. "You can't tell a soul."

I rolled my eyes and she giggled. "And here I thought I had the secret to looking like a model without any work."

I felt her eyes on me. "You don't need it."

I raised an eyebrow and looked at her. "Really?"

"You're fine."

"Fine?"

Julie wiggled her eyebrows. "Really fine."

We made eye contact for a moment until both of us broke into laughter. I don't even know why it was so funny. It must have been the eyebrows.

Both of us calmed down after a while and we were silent. It was that really nice silence, the one where Julie actually has nothing to say. These are rare moments.

Not that I don't love to hear her ramble about shit I don't care about. I mean, of course I care about what she's talking about but I don't think random facts about jellybeans is something I'm interested in.

It stayed silent until Julie spoke up again.

"Gen."

"Hm?"

"Promise me something?"

I raised an eyebrow. "Sure."

"Let's not separate after a fight ever again." She brought up her pinky. "Pinky promise."

I smiled and looped my pinky with hers. "Pinky promise."

Julie's expression suddenly turned hard and serious. "But, if either of us breaks the promise we'll have to chop off our pinky."

"Julie, no."

_____

A/N: Wow, anyone know how long it's been?

I know, very long.

Firstly, I need to apologize for taking too long to update. Whoopsie, very sorry for that.

I mean, I've got scenes planned out, it's just that I have to figure out how the characters get there, you get me? And as you can see, I'm not good at it. I'm just bad at storytelling and writing in general.

Anyway, thanks for reading and here's a smiley face :)

And another because I feel bad about the wait :)

:)