Cheer Me Up

"Why would I do that?"

"Because, it's polite to do that." Alice calmed a little, she seemed to try to control her voice.

"Why the hell would I want to be polite to you?" I let the venom of those words drip, I didn't care how hateful I sounded. Don't I hate everyone? "You're just a bitch you know?"

Hurt was mirrored on her face, but oddly enough, I didn't feel as bad. Heck, it was kind of satisfying. Now this, is my full on bitch mode.

"Please, just hear me out, I never get to explain to you because..." her hands clenched tighter. "That girl you are always with."

Why say it like that? See, she's a bitch.

"Julie?"

"Yes, her. You two are always together and you never give me a chance to explain why I did what I did." She chews her bottom lip and I sigh. What a pain she is, but I want to hear.

"Fine, this is your chance. Explain why you were a bitch and still are." I grin a little as I see her frown at the title I gave her. This is nice.

"I can't tell you here."

I swear, this girl.

I roll my eyes. "Well, this is the only place, it's not like someone's going to eavesdrop." I point around myself. "See, brick walls, no one around. Your secrets are safe, it's not like I have any friends to tell."

I cross my arms, now more annoyed than angry.

"I was scared," she tells me. "I didn't want everyone to know."

"That you don't like guys as much as you wish?" She doesn't even look at me. "I swear no one even cares about that. People only became mean to me because you had me look like a desperate carpet-muncher that was out for you."

I beat up every single one of those girls that called me names, I'm proud of that.

"I'm sorry."

"You should be," I drop my arms and step back a little. "I'm leaving now, I heard you."

"Wait, I still have more to ask."

I sigh again. "Ask away, be quick." I'm already tired of her.

"That Julie girl," she chewed the inside of her cheek. "Do you like her?"

She just has to know everything huh? Do I like her? She's annoyingly cute, I'll just stick to that.

"What makes you think that?"

"She's the closest person to you right now, she is literally always by your side."

"And it matters to you?"

"Yes! It does." She sighs. "Because I'm not going to lie, I'm really jealous."

Okay, she's getting on my nerves again.

"Cut the crap Alice, don't lie. You have a boyfriend to go to, don't say your jealous because this girl follows me around."

"Daniel and I broke up a while ago okay?" Really? "And I'm not lying. I'm not going to lie to you. Believe it or not, but I still love you Gen."

She said those words so sincerely that I nearly began to like her again. God, I do not like this.

"For fuck's sake Alice," I place my hand over my forehead, running a hand through my hair. She's lying, she's got to be lying. "Just leave me alone."

I spin around and walk, really fucking glad to not hear her footsteps following me. My house wasn't far and with that I was glad.

Strangely, even more glad to see who was waiting at my door.

"Hi! I missed you!" I was attacked with a hug, a very surprising yet weirdly nice hug. When the hell did I let her hug me?

I froze like I had done before, gulping a little with an uneasy smile.

"Hey Jules."

"You're being nicer today."

And she's already noticed.

"Just cheer me up." I tell her.

She furrows her eyebrows, her eyes drifting elsewhere a little before returning to me. "How? Why?"

"You don't have to know, just be weird."

Her smile returns, I'm feeling better already. "So be myself?"

I let myself smile this time. "Yes, be yourself."

A/N: Hello people reading this! Very few of you probably, maybe for the laughs or you genuinely like this, I don't know. This was a short chapter, a really short one that was a little rushed.

And I have a few questions, what is a normal conversation? How do people usually talk? What is a common topic? Weird questions right? I know, it is. But, you see, I have trouble with these things in real life, I had a really pretty girl once say I was socially awkward. Not sure if she is right, but I find it hard to start a conversation, to find something that the other person has in common, common interests you know? And of course, I don't know how to keep a conversation without saying something dumb. And with all of this, how do I have my characters talk to each other? I totally wing it just so you know, just as I do with the tests I take.

Now, sorry for the long note. Have goodnight, or day, I don't know. I stayed up extremely late for this. Okay, now Goodbye.