Field of Joy

As Hazel finishes getting ready, I am sitting on the couch texting Nathan wondering what we will be doing today. He told me it was a surprise and he was going to pick us up soon. "Be there in 10," Nathan texted me. "10 minutes Hazel!" I tell her. She will literally take all day to get ready. That's why I have to give her a time or she will never be ready. "Got it!" Hazel shouted back. I walk over to the kitchen to grab some food and head back to the couch. I grab the remote that is laying on the coffee table, but as usual there was nothing on tv at 11 o'clock in the morning.

The door bell rings and it is Max and Nathan at the door, "Hazel! Time to go!" I turn around to see if she is there. I grab hers and my purse and a jacket. Oregon is a cold place, like always, you never when it will start raining. It will start raining in the middle of a nice warm weather. Hazel comes rushing out, she grabs her cell phone and take her purse from me, "let's go!" She walks out the door. "So... where are we going?" I ask them to see if they will finally tell me. Hazel turns around, "you don't even know where they are taking us?" I shake my head and look down following them to the car. "Which car is yours anyways?" I look at Nathan. He pulls out the car key and presses a button where a silver car beeps. I eyes grow big, it's a 2015 Silver Chevy Equinox. Okay, I have to admit I like cars, but this car is the car I have been wanting my whole life, an Chevy Equinox. 

He smiles seeing my expression, "I love this car." I admitted to him. He laughes, "we need a big enough for the whole band a to fit in." I agreed, what's the point of getting a small car if your going to be with your band most of the time. Of course it was just a rental car though because it's pointless to have a car where it doesn't fly. Even though that would be cool to see. We all pile into the car with Nathan and I in the front and Max and Hazel in the back. "Why does the youngest get to drive and the leader in the back?" I joked. Nathan drove out of the parking garage and went onto the freeway. "You do know where we are going right?" I asked hoping we won't get lost. He shook his head, "I know where I am going. You will figure it out soon enough, since you do live here."

After an hour of driving we have finally met our destination. It was quiet, open, and full of nature. "Do you have any food with you? I'm starved," I ask him. "We brought some snacks on the way here," He answered. He popped open the trunk and there was loads of things. He brought two big blankets and two big coolers full of food. He also brought his guitar. I just brought myself and my purse. I felt bad because I didn't bring anything else, but he didn't tell us we were doing this, so it isn't my fault. 

We each brought something and followed Nathan. I liked how he picked a nice and quiet area. It was a good choice now that I know I can't be around big crowds of people. There was no service either so we couldn't use any internet or phones. I turned around seeing that Max and Hazel were getting along pretty well. They were laughing and giggling amongst theirselves. I was taking in all the fresh air. I kept staring at the back of Nathan's head smiling to myself. I'm glad I have met him, if I never met him I probably would be with some type of jerk soon enough. We all stopped walking and layed out the blankets. "Ah. A nice picnic. You  picked a good day to do this too," I smiled at Nathan.

"Okay now it's time to eat," Max said already getting into the food. "Now I can see why we brought so much food," Hazel joked to Max and laughed. Nathan ignored looking into my eyes. I guess he just wanted a friendship with me and nothing else. I looked down kind of disappointed, but that's a good thing so then Hazel won't misunderstand anything. I know she is getting along with Max, but I still think she still really likes Nathan. I don't want to upset her so it's best if we act like this. I still think about that kiss we had last night. I starting smiling all over again. "Ivy!" Hazel yells at me to make me snap me back to life. I look at her in surprise. "Are you going to have a sandwich?" She waves a sandwich in front of me for me to take it.

I take it and grab a drink that's in the other cooler by me. It was nice... and peaceful.