*

Gina, Kelly, Emma, and I walked into the crowded cafeteria. As usual everyone's eyes were trained on me. I still seemed to be the center of attention in this hell hole, even though it was my third day here.

Guys still kept trying to flirt with me, girls kept trying to intimidate me, and Aaron still wouldn't give up. I'd caught him waiting at my locker three times.

Thankfully, I didn't need anything from my locker those three times.

Sure I went to some classes without my books, but it wasn't like my vital organs were in my locker.

In other words, Aaron would have to try much harder. The phrase die trying describes exactly what he must do to get my attention.

"Are you buying your lunch today," Gina asked, already clinging to my arm.

CONTROL. CONTROL. CONTROL.

"Sure am," I responded with fake sweetness. Why the hell would she ask me a question that stupid? I have purchased a lunch every day since I started at this school.

Gina smiled at me.

I 'smiled' back.

CONTROL.

After the prayer, she towed me over to the line.

Aaron was behind us.

"Hey, Gina," he greeted politely.

I had to admit it was nice of him to acknowledge her before harassing me.

She waved coyly and looked away.

"Alyson."

I turned for a fraction of a second and waved.

Big mistake.

Didn't I already realize that the bitchier I was to Aaron Fode, the more interested he seemed to get?

The saddest part was that this was the least bitchy I could be.

"I didn't see much of you at the party after our...chat."

But I had seen way too much of him. He was everwhere, just stalking me like the little freak he is.

"That was the plan," I answered anyway. It had been the plan, but that plan clearly failed.

But Aaron laughed. He laughed!

My blood boiled. He'd never laughed at my insults before. Were my threats beginning to sound empty to him? Did he not believe that I would beat the living shit out of his stupid body?

I so would!

I kept myself turned around due to my deepest reserves of self control.

It was amazing to me that Aaron even wanted to speak to me. Well, not amazing, amazing, like captan crunch, but scientifically profound. I had slapped him across the face just this morning after first period. Gina was there, so it wasn't an awfully hard slap, but the message was clear. 'Get the hell out of my life.' Hell could be substituted for a stronger word such as fuck, though.

When we reached the food, I picked out a huge lunch. All of my phone conversations with my new friend had interrupted my eating. In hindsight, that was probably one of the things that tipped Martha and Jared off.

I already had a wrap, large french fries, a slice of pizza, and I was looking over the desserts. My guilty fake friends would all be buying me soft cookies, so did I really need pudding?

Yes.

I finished it off with a Diet Coke.

Just kidding I got regular Mountain Dew.