The Prince and the Baker AU Part 3

Hello there sorry its late my wifi was fucking up

Next week ill continue the dancer au, but then ill be back with this

Part three of this AU, idk how many are to come

Let's get started, shall we?

If u get that reference ur great

Jeremy's POV

I rubbed my eyes as I slowly sat up on my cot. It was finally Sunday, the one day in which I did not have duties at the stable, and I planned to enjoy today to the fullest.

After brushing my teeth and combing my hair, I walked out to the marketplace to pick up groceries for the upcoming week. As I approached my favorite fruit seller, a now-familiar voice called for me.

"Jeremy! Hi!"

Michael's POV

I ran over to the place Jeremy was standing.

"Well hello there, Michael."

"Hello!"

"What are you doing here?"

"Oh, you know, just hanging around in this quaint little market." That was a lie. I was looking for him in the marketplace.

"Well, do you want to shop with me?"

"Of course!"

I strolled down the path next to Jeremy, mere centimeters apart. I looked upon the stands. Rows and rows of marketers. Fish, eggs, meat, vegetables, baskets, clothes and many other items were all here. It was kind of magical. You could hear laughing, bartering, shouts of children, and their concerned mothers telling them to quiet down. I had never felt like this before, I was always locked up in my room alone, told to work on my studies. This was what being normal felt like.

Interesting.

I looked at Jeremy. He was nowhere near as excited as I was. He looked like he was doing a chore, something mundane and uninteresting. I guess that this would be kind of boring after a few years of it. But it was still amazing.

Jeremy's POV

I glanced over at Michael to see him smiling like a child at a candy stand. He was just so excited.

"Umm... Have you never been to a marketplace before?"

"Well, no. Not from where I come from."

He smiled sadly. I guess that as the crown prince, he really wouldn't be allowed in these places.

"Have you ever been in a normal town?"

"Oh. Yeah, no. I haven't ever really been in a place like this, ever. Horseback riding and fencing training is the only thing I ever get to leave the palace fo-"

He paused, realising his mistake.

"Umm, I mean, I just live there because I'm a noble, my family's really close to the royals, I'm definitely not the crown prin-"

"Jesus fucking Christ. You are awful at lying. I saw your crest the other day at the stable, Michael. Or should I say, Michael of the Mell Dynasty."

He blushed.

"No one calls me that."

"I know. It's called sarcasm."

A smile once more returned to his warm-toned face.

"We don't have a lot of that in the palace. It's considered disrespectful."

"Geez, lighten up. Now, want to see the town with me?"

"Really?"

"Yes! Consider this your personal immersion and tour to the real world." I gently bowed, holding out my hand.

He took it, and I sped off, ready to show him my world.