Notes Part 1

AU where Jeremy and Michael haven't met and sit in the same seat for different classes, so they pass notes.

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, this got deleted before I published it and i dragged my ass to re-write it. 

It's also kinda short, but i have some drafts to work on that I might publish tonight because I'm sick.

Im sorry ok

Michael's POV

I tapped my foot against the tile floor, waiting for the next period.

Bored, I ripped of the corner of my paper. I scribbled "Hi!" on it and taped it to my desk.

The bell rang and I left the classroom, wondering if anyone would reply.

Jeremy's POV

I dumped my bag next to my desk, putting my books on my desk. My hand brushed against something, and I realized it was a little note.

I gently tore it off and read it.

It said, "Hi!" in bubbly letters.

I smiled. It was probably some bored kid in class. Well, maybe I could befriend someone, and I wouldn't mess it up this time.

I flipped the paper over and wrote, "Hey," on the back.

Maybe they would respond.

Michael's POV

I sat down, ready for another period of studying. Yawning, I ran my hand against the bottom of the desk, searching for the note.

My fingers grazed the edge of the paper, and I took the paper.

I guess it was ignored.

However, as I was about to put it away, I noticed angular blue handwriting on the other side.

I peered at the note and read it.

"Hey."

I grinned, happy that someone cared enough to respond.

I took out my pen and tore out a fresh piece of paper. I didn't know exactly what to say. 

"Wanna play 20 questions? After we can guess who the other is."

Jeremy's POV

I walked into the classroom with an unusual spring in my step.

I was actually quite excited to see if the mystery person left another note. I never had friends growing up, and that trend continued throughout high school. Maybe I had a chance with this person.

Looking down at my desk, I noticed a bit of lined paper.

I read it and quickly wrote down a response. 

"I'll go first. What's your favorite band?"

<Imma just skip to the notes 'cause I'm lazy as hell>

Michael:

 That's a hard choice. The Beatles? I'm a slut for 60s bands. What's yours?

Jeremy:

hmm...  I would go with Bon Jovi. I prefer 80s bands.

Michael:

meh. They're okay.

Jeremy: 

Have you heard Living on A Prayer?????

Michael:

Yeah. and that's exactly why I don't like them. ANYWAYS, what's a hobby of yours?

Jeremy:

I like gaming.

Michael:

Really? Me too. What do you play?

Jeremy:

Apocalypse of the Damned, Call Of Duty, others. What do you play?

We bonded over our similar interests, and I began to really like this person. We were reaching the point of the last of our 20 questions. The school year was pretty much over, and we would switch seats at the end of the year. I decided to ask something that gave me a lot of anxiety.

"What is your phone number? You know, so we can text over the summer."

I read the note over and over again.

Was this too pushy?

Was I being to forward?

Would they not want to talk to me?

What if this was one big  joke at my expense?

Nevertheless, I took a deep breath and taped the note to the desk. Maybe they would respond.