Promises

hello

I incorporated Extra Fluff™ because I have to do a science project and it's fucking killing me

anyways. this is during the holiday season bc it's coming and I'm hella excited

Michael's POV

I walked next to Jeremy, holding his hand in the winter cold. He squeezed my hand, excited and nervous, bouncing up and down.

"Hey, Jer, are you okay?"

"Yeah, just excited."

He smiled at me, his cheeks dusted a rosy pink from the biting winds. We entered the orphanage and headed to the front desk.

I kind lady in a bright Christmas sweater smiled at us.

"Are you guys some of the volunteers for the Christmas party?"

We nodded and she looked back at her laptop.

"What are your names?"

"I'm Michael, and this is my boyfriend Jeremy."

She scrolled through her files once more.

"Jeremy Heere and Michael Mell?"

"Yup, that's us."

"Okay. Just head down the hallway and enter the room farthest to the left."

We nodded and Jeremy led me down the hall. It was his idea to volunteer, and I knew that this was something close to his heart, since his mom left him at a young age. At least he still had his dad, who cared for him, but he knew there were children out there who didn't have anyone. Jeremy had always been a considerate person, giving spare change to homeless people on the streets, always doing what he could.

We opened the door, and multiple heads turned towards us.

A little boy, around the age of three waddled up to up and wrapped his arms around Jeremy's legs.

"Awe you hewe fow the Chwistmas pawty?"

Jeremy knelt down to the boys level.

"Yes. What's your name?"

"Phiwip. What's youw name?"

"My name's Jeremy."

"And who's he?"

"He's Michael."

Phillip turned to me and smiled. I ruffled his hair, and we entered the room.

A short lady with a tight bun at the back of her head noticed us.

"Hi! Thank you for volunteering. It's so nice seeing young people being active in their community. Anyways, there are many areas for the kids to hang out in. Over there we have the food, make sure the kids only have one cookie, we also have the games over there, and the presents, which no one can open until the end."

Phillip tugged on Jeremy's shirt.

"Wiw you come with me to the cookie decowating pwace?"

"Sure."

They walked off and I was left alone. I headed over to the ball pit, unsure of what to do.

I saw a little girl crying alone. I immediately rushed to her side.

"Hey, sweetheart, what's wrong?"

I wiped away a tear with my thumb.

She pointed at a girl her age.