Chapter - 10

Third person's POV-:

Love is the most innocent feeling. But at the same time it's the most dangerous one, too.

Some people never get this if you truly love it set it free. Maybe that's the reason the world is full of psychopathic self acclaimed romeos.

And maybe that was the reason it was happening right now.

A petite girl stood. Her back pressed against the banister of the roof of the skyscraper she was standing at, her red hairs flowing in the wind. Her eyes as green as the moss were widened in fear. She was pretty, but right now, her state was disheveled and countless tears were running down her face. She was terrified, terrified of the guy before her.

He raked his trembling hand through his golden hair, his eyes were bloodshot. He would have looked attractive if he wasn't seeming like the most disturbing element right now.

"Why, Reese?" his words were oddly calm to his not so calm appearance. "I love you. Then why you can't take me back?"

Reese whimpered as she bit her lip, her back pressed more into the banister. She wanted to get vanished. Anywhere but here. "Mike... Please let me go."

"That ain't answer to my question," his head tipped to the side, his words eerily soft, sliding a chill down her back. "Answer my question, baby."

Reese's breaths escalated. He was frightening her self out. Her eyes slid to the door twenty feet behind him. She had run a track during high school. If she weren't quivering, she could make it without getting caught. . Her knees were wobbly. Only thing holding her straight was her arms stretched out, wrapped on the banister.

"ANSWER ME!" he bellowed.

She jumped, her heart coming to her throat. Her quivering got harder while more tears drenched her face.

He strode to her, his  feet making long strides, getting dangerously close to her. His large palms caught her tear stained face in between them, bringing her face closer to his. A smile replacing his angered face from before. "Fine, don't answer me. Don't answer me baby. Don't answer me. But even if you won't take me back, I refuse to give up on us being together."

Reese let in a trembling breath, her voice broke as she spoke, "Together?"

"Yeah," he leant in brushing his lips against her. She was too much in dread to even get revolted by this sickening gesture of his insanity. She just wanted to get out of it unharmed without pissing him off.

His hand slid around her waist, pulling her to him with a jerk, her arms were now no longer secured around the banister. They were on his hard chest, trying to push him away. But it was all proving to be in vain.
"I love you, Reese. I love you." a tear escaped his eye.

Abruptly, he turned her around, her front now pressed on the banister. Her eyes were now taking the dangerous height of seven hundred feet she was at. Her head spinning.

"Mike!" she squeaked. Her heart sinking.

"Shh... Calm down, baby. It's for us." Mike's arm tightened around her waist. He rose her by just his one arm. Her feet several inches above the cemented roof. Her upper torso leaning on the banister.

"Mike, please no!" she screamed terrified.

Area below her stomach was pressed on the hard metal of the banister now while her upper part was in the air. Mike just had to remove his hand, and she would be falling to her death.

"You can't do this. You said you love me. Please... Please..." she begged through her tears desperately.

She was young. She wanted to live. She wanted to have dreams. And this all made her more desperate for her life. "Mike, baby, we can work this out." she tried to coax her like a child. Her heart pounding with every second of him not uttering anything.