Epilogue

Jessie James' greenhouse was a simple structure that had been well cared for for over sixty years. Thirty feet wide and forty feet long, constructed of wood and glass. The sprinkler system hung about ten feet above the ground and was designed to reach every inch. A four foot wide sod path grew down the center from the door to an arch at the other end that was covered with Grandma Jessie's peach colored climbing roses. It was part of the girls' chores over the years to keep it mowed using a push reel mower. Through the years just about every kind of flower had been grown inside. Currently, Jess kept fresh herbs and vegetables growing as well as a few favorites to have fresh flowers on hand when an occasion called for them.

Pastor Jim stood under the arch with Jess and Cali at his left dressed in matching cream colored capris and high-low button up shirts. Meg and Rachel stood to his right wearing mid calf length cream colored skirts and shirts that matched Jess and Cali's. All four women were barefoot.

The pathway was just wide enough for their guests to stand on each side of it, facing in. Liza had her arm wrapped around her father's as they entered the greenhouse. Loni had made three matching boutonnieres from the peach roses for Rodger, Joe and Liza. The peach color stood out against the white lapel of Liza's high-low button up shirt. The shirt had been tailored to look like a tuxedo jacket. Her capris were the same style as Jess and Cali's but were white to go with her shirt. When they reached the arch Rodger hugged Liza before moving to stand next to Louise. Liza then took her place under the arch at Pastor Jim's left.

Loni and Laila were next to come down the path. Loni was dressed to match Jess and Cali while Laila wore a semi sheer lace dress and carried a little silk pouch. When they reached the arch Loni set Laila on her feet, holding her hands she helped the toddler take a few steps toward Pastor Jim to hand him the little silk pouch. Liza squatted down to hold her hands out to her goddaughter. After hugging her she handed her to Loni so that Loni could take her place next to Cali.

Everyone faded away as though they weren't there for Liza when Joe escorted Grace through the door. Her hair was in its usual french braid but several sprigs of baby's breath had been added into it. She carried a simple bouquet made from Grandma Jessie's peach roses with a white orchid in the center. She wore a form-fitting, high-low semi sheer white lace dress, the pattern matching Laila's. She too was barefoot.

When Joe and Grace stopped at the arch, Grace took her place in front of Liza. Joe leaned in and kissed each woman's cheek before moving to stand next to Rodger.

"You're breathtaking." Liza whispered as she leaned in close.

Pastor Jim cleared his throat as Grace handed her bouquet to Meg.

"Sorry." Liza smiled and grabbed Grace's hands.

"Welcome to this celebration of love and commitment. I want to thank these two beautiful women for allowing me the privilege of sharing this day with them and I am truly honored to be able to officiate this wedding. Liza has something she would like to say."

She turned to nod at him, "Thank you." She looked back at Grace, "There aren't words to describe how much I love you so I promise that I will spend every day of the rest of my life showing you." She raised both of Grace's hands to her lips to kiss each one.

Each woman smiled through their tears as pastor Jim handed the rings to each before continuing, "Grace Anne Phillips, do you promise to honor and cherish Liza as your lawfully wedded wife until death do you part?"

"I do." Grace answered, eyes never leaving Liza's as she slid the wedding band on Liza's finger.

"Liza Renee Dawes, do you promise to honor and cherish Grace as your lawfully wedded wife until death do you part?"