Chapter 25

Grace woke Liza through the night to stay on a schedule with her pain medication. At some point during the night the brunette had a hard time going back to sleep so she laid there watching Grace sleep. The moonlight coming through the windows gave the redhead an ethereal glow.

Liza had never really regretted joining the Army. She had learned a lot about herself over the last six years that she felt she might not have learned otherwise. If she could go back and change anything she probably wouldn't. Grandma Jessie had taught them that life dealt them the hands they were supposed to get. She regretted not coming home that last time before Grandma Jessie died, but she knew in her heart it wasn't meant to be. Thinking about it now, she was glad that her family hadn't seen her in the condition she was in then. Laila had changed everything for her. Joe and Loni had entrusted her with their precious little girl so she started straightening herself out. She was just finding her footing when she had gotten the news about Grandma Jessie.

She looked down at the sleeping redhead, she was resenting the military at the moment. She really hoped that whatever the higher ups had in mind, it wasn't going to keep her from spending the rest of her life right here. Wrapping her arms around Grace, she pulled her in closer and slowly fell back to sleep.

Shortly after dawn Liza awakened to find Grace as her pillow. She was laying between the redhead's legs with her head on her stomach. She felt Grace's fingers through her hair so she picked her head up to look into green eyes.

"Did you get much sleep?" Liza asked.

Grace smiled before answering, "About as much as you did."

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay sweetheart. You're were having a hard time getting comfortable." Grace replied.

"It's hard not being able to be in our usual position is all." Liza said. She rolled over onto her back next to Grace.

Grace then raised up on her elbow to look at Liza, "We get to be lazy all day. So, you think about what you want to do while I go get us some breakfast." She leaned down for a kiss when the brunette agreed.

A few moments later Grace was coming out of the bathroom as Liza was descending the stairs. She leaned against the door frame to watch the brunette's movements. Enjoying the view of the toned and tanned legs as the woman moved.

Liza laughed softly when she caught the redhead's stare. Stopping directly in front of her, bringing her out of her fantasy.

"Babe." Liza whispered in her ear.

"Hmm?" Grace questioned, looking up and blushing slightly when she realised she'd been caught all but drooling.

"We can postpone breakfast if you'd rather go back to bed." Liza said softly into Grace's neck, just below her ear.

Grace cleared her throat, making Liza laugh. "We both need to eat."

"Believe me, after the way you were just looking at me, eating is all I can think about." Liza said, backing Grace against the doorframe.

"Food. We need to eat food. You need food to take your meds." Grace replied as Liza kissed her neck. She tilted her head to the side to allow the brunette better access, groaning when Liza drew her earlobe into her mouth.

Liza pulled back, "Go get us food before I decide to drag you back upstairs." She stepped back to allow Grace to pass her.

Liza made her way into the bathroom as Grace walked down the stairs. Moments later Liza gently wrapped her arms around Grace from behind and kissed her neck. Grace stopped cutting up the ham she was working on to lean back into Liza.