Chapter 19

Liza had just dozed off when Cali woke. She quietly watched as Cali sat up and rubbed her face.

She looked at Liza, "Did you sleep at all?"

"A little." She answered softly.

"Do you want some coffee?" Cali asked before entering the bathroom.

"Yes, please."

When she came back out she said, "I'd kill for a toothbrush right now."

Liza laughed, rubbing Grace's back when she started to stir. Both women stayed quiet to see if she was going to stay asleep or not.

"I'll go find us some coffee." Cali whispered and left the room.

A few minutes later two nurses entered. One of them being the night shift nurse who introduced the new one coming on shift as Sophie. She then went over Grace's chart and explained that the two visitors had been allowed to stay through the night. When the night nurse left, Sophie moved to the side of the bed.

"Miss Phillips." She patted Grace's shoulder.

"Do you really have to wake her?" Liza asked.

"Yes, I need to check her vitals and breakfast will be brought in shortly." She answered.

Liza sighed and kissed Grace's forehead, "Babe." She gently rubbed her back. When she stretched Liza said "Morning, love. The nurse needs to check your vitals."

Grace winced when she tried to brush her own hair out of her face. The abrasions weren't real bad but there were a few that almost needed stitches from the debris on the parking lot.

"Miss Phillips, my name is Sophie. I need to check your vitals."

"Call me Grace please." Grace said as she rolled off of Liza to let the brunette off of the bed. She settled back in the pillows as the nurse checked her blood pressure.

When Sophie finished she said, "Well Grace, everything is good. If you'd like I can remove that IV before they bring you breakfast trays."

"That would be great." Grace said, "When can I go home?"

"Before lunch. The doctor will be in sometime after breakfast to talk with you and Detective Daniels called. He wants to speak with you before you leave as well." Sophie said.

"Thank you." Grace and Liza both said when the nurse left the room.

Grace threw the covers off and swung her feet over the side of the bed.

"Where are you going?" Liza asked.

"Bathroom."

Liza carried the IV bag for her and hung it on the hook in the bathroom. She waited outside the door for her, when she came out Liza helped her back to the bed. Once Grace was settled Liza dug through her bag for her toothbrush and went into the bathroom.

Cali came in with coffees as Liza came out of the bathroom, "How'd you get a toothbrush?"

Liza laughed, "I was packed to come to Lincoln last night."

Cali nodded as she handed Liza a cup, "Just how you like it."

"Thank you." Liza took a sip then offered it to Grace, she took another sip and set it on the side table when the redhead shook her head no.

Cali went to her sister, "How do you feel?" She leaned down and kissed her cheek.

"Dull headache is all."

"To be expected from what Rachel says your truck looks like."

"What do you mean?" Liza asked.

"He threw me into the side of my truck." Grace answered.