Chapter 13

Liza wasn't surprised to see Joe and Loni waiting with Grace Sunday evening. She had some last minute details to take care of that kept her longer than she was willing to make her squad stay. She was so caught up in her love for the redhead that she didn't look around to see if anyone was watching, she didn't care. When she reached Grace, she dropped her duffel and pulled the younger woman into her arms, claiming her lips until both women had to break away to breathe.

Joe picked up her duffel to put it in the truck for her, "I don't know why we bother to bring clothes, we never get time to change."

Liza laughed at him as she slipped off her ruck for Joe to put in the truck. "Definitely need a shower." She answered Grace's questioning look before kissing her again.

"Why don't I get greeted like that?" Loni asked Joe.

Liza turned toward the other couple, "Dog house!" She laughed before kissing Loni's cheek and taking Laila from her. "Hi, my sweet!" Liza crooned to her, kissing the top of her head. She turned back to Grace, pulling her in for another kiss.

"Hey! Keep it clean! You have my daughter!" Joe yelled.

"Bite me Sergeant!" Liza playfully growled at Joe. Liza winked at Loni before looking at Joe to see how long it would take him to realize she called him Sergeant.

"What? Wait! You just called me....."

"Don't make me regret it, Davis!" Liza warned.

"Congratulations honey!" Loni beamed.

He laughed, picking Loni up and spinning her around.

"It won't go into effect until I'm out of here, can't have two of us. You'll get the ceremony and all of that when they set the date. Loni should be able to change your patches though."

"After you're gone? So will you be here?" Joe asked.

"That's up to you. I'll be a civilian, so it'll be invitation only."

Realization hit and he dropped to his knees, "Holy crap!"

"Joe, you'll be fine. The squad already listens to you. Hell, they respect you completely. I wouldn't have made the recommendation if I didn't think you could do it."

His head shot up, "You recommended?"

"Hell yes! Why wouldn't I?" She asked before turning to Grace, "Babe, take her please." Liza kissed Grace before walking to Joe and pulled him to his feet, "You've been with me the longest and you've earned it. My decision didn't have a damn thing to do with our friendship. You above anyone else should know me better than that."

"I do and that's what scares me. I think you have more faith in me than I do."

"The powers that be have faith in you too or they wouldn't have agreed with me." She hugged him, "Now, take your women and celebrate!"

Joe asked, "Where are you two off to?"

Liza walked back to Grace to stand between her knees, eyes locked, "Shower, make love, take a nap, make love again. Full body massage, maybe I'll get one too. Roommates permitting."

Grace laughed, "Oh, I'm sure that can be arranged Soldier Girl! But, I have a hotel in mind though."

"Best idea I've ever heard." Liza said as she pulled Grace from the tailgate to close it. "Bye. See you Friday!" She yelled to Joe and Loni before climbing in the truck, letting Grace drive.

As soon as they cleared the gate Liza started kissing Grace's neck. "Are we really going to a hotel?"

"Yes, I've already checked us in. Our stuff is in the room."