Chapter 9

It was late morning when Grace woke to find Liza sleeping on her stomach, her face turned to Grace with her hands under head. Grace was able to look her over without distraction, she noticed that her color was better. Grace got out of bed and quietly left the room. She stopped to go to the bathroom and brush her teeth on her way down to the kitchen.

Everyone was eating breakfast when she walked in, "Morning."

"How's Liza?" Jess asked.

"Still asleep. I'm glad her phone hasn't rang."

"Sheriff Baxter was here earlier to check on her. Said he'd take over the rest of the weekend." Cali told her.

"She's going to love that. I'll probably have to drug her to get her to take it easy." Grace commented as she opened the fridge.

"I prepped her some grapes and strawberries. I would like to see her eat some protein." Jess stated.

Grace grabbed the bowl of fruit and a bottle of water. Cali handed her a glass of juice on her way past.

"Good luck!" Jess yelled.

"If anybody can get her to take it easy it will be Grace." Meg mentioned.

Liza came out of the bathroom as Grace turned to climb the stairs to their room, "Hi." Grace smiled at her, "I've got breakfast in bed."

"I need to check in."

"Sheriff Baxter was here. He's taking over the rest of the weekend." Grace waited for the explosion but it never came. Liza just shrugged and followed Grace upstairs.

"You're not upset?" Grace asked as she sat in the middle of the bed.

"Work? Or breakfast in bed with you? Not a hard choice to make." Liza walked across the bed and sat with her back to the wall. Taking the drinks from Grace, she put them on the nightstand. She grabbed Grace's legs and pulled her closer. Grace turned sideways between Liza's legs.

Grace plucked a strawberry out of the bowl and bit into it. Liza caught her hand and drew the other half into her mouth. Grace's breath caught when Liza sucked the juice from her finger. "We're not going to be able to eat together if we keep turning it into something sensual."

Liza caressed Grace's inner thigh, "Everything is sensual with you." She leaned in for a kiss and groaned at the knock on the door. "Go away!"

Cali opened the door a crack, "Everybody decent?"

"No, come back later." Liza growled.

"Come in." Grace laughed and set the bowl of fruit between her and Liza.

Cali pushed the door all the way open to reveal Jess next to her in the doorway. "We wanted to make sure everything was okay. Figured there would have been a tantrum or two by now."

"You did tell her the sheriff was here didn't you?" Jess asked as she came in and sat on the bed.

"Yes."

Jess and Cali looked at Liza like she'd grown a second head.

"What?" Liza asked as she ate a grape.

"You've been forced to take time off and you're calm?" Cali was in awe.

Liza shrugged, "Why get upset? I'm not going to get any time off in the next two weeks. I have battle assembly next weekend so I figured I'd take the time where I can get it." She turned to look at Grace, "Besides, it means more time with Grace."

"So you're actually going to take it easy?" Jess questioned, drawing Liza's attention away from Grace.

"For the most part, yes. I do have something I need to go take care of though." She absentmindedly ran her hand up and down Grace's calf. "I need to go see my dad. He's been calling in, making a nuisance of himself just to get me there. So, I need to go take care of it."