Chapter 6: If it's not my past,why am I crying?

*Author's notes*
I know you hate these,so I'll make it brief. This is gonna be sad,not so comical, and there will be crying from me,so don't judge
Okay? ◟꒰⁺᾽ ऀืົཽ ˡ̼̮ ऀืົཽ⁺̥̥̥̥̥꒱◞
And Laika is a true story! RIP my best dog
Allons-y!
******************************************

We got up to the apartment. All the way here,we just talked about the Latin classes,bubble tea and I tried to explain what is a 'lulo' to him.
When I got outside the elevators I noticed it was one of those apartments that the elevator leads directly there. Ludwig told me to keep the "open" button pressed while he looked for his keys. When he opened the door...
WOW! It was one a big penthouse with white walls and big windows,all modern and cool. They had a little garden too! It was amazing! Everything had the ultimate design and it was so cool! I just went inside and then I heard some barking. Three dogs came rushing to me,a German shepherd,a golden retriever and a dachshund. I recognized them: They were Berlitz,Blackie and Aster! They jumped on me at the same time,and I fell. They all licked me but I didn't care. They were so cute!
- Hey,quit it you three!- I was able to say between all giggling and licking from the dogs.
- Theses are our dogs!- said Ludwig cheerfully,it was obvious he loved them- Berlitz is the youngest one.-
- He reminds me of my other golden retriever,Laika.- I said while getting up. - But she died some years ago of cancer...- I was pretty young back then. I miss her sometimes.
- Oh,I'm sorry for your loss...- he said,looking rather sad.
- It's nothing,things pass by...- I smiled.
Ludwig walked into the kitchen and he looked at a note on the refrigerator. I looked at it too,it said " Liebe Ludwig and Gilbert,I'll be out until very late. I have reading club and also Kochkurse. Then I have to help your Großvater send some packages. After that I'll be in a school reunion until 7 p.m. Don't mess up the kitchen,feed the dogs and Luddy,tell Ihr Bruder to keep his room clean and organize his desk. With love,your mutti." I made out sense of some if the German words his mother used.
- I told that dummkopf to organize his photos.- said Ludwig angry. - He's half organized,half stupid and messy.- I just laughed at what he said. Even thought he was the younger brother,he was very mature.
Ludwig offered me something to drink and also said if I wanted to watch some TV or do something else (such a gentleman). Then I needed to go,really badly... I didn't knew what to say exactly.
- Excuse me,I need to...- I started saying,then I thought about it.- ... Arrange myself. Where's the bathroom? -
- Down the hall,to the left.-he said,pointing.
- Thanks!- I said as I rushed there.
Okay,awkward. When I got back I saw Ludwig reading something. Then I recognized it: blue cover,little drawings on it...
It was MY SKETCHBOOK!
- You draw really well,really.- he said smiling at me.
- I'm just a beginner!- I scratched my head and laughed nervously.
- You draw really well,like Japan's cartoons...When did you start?- he said as I say down.
- When I was 11,with Sofia I started drawing all the time. We changed our art style but we kept the manga style. We created stories and characters. I really like drawing. This is my fourth sketchbook.- I said.
- Well,you have an unfinished one.- he pointed a drawing. I drew a flower garden and left some space in it.
- I don't know what to put there... Heh,artist block.- I said,again with my nervous laugh. He looked at me smiling,he looked so calm and I just felt my heart going crazy. My head was like "Calm down..." While my heart was "YAY! Tell him!".
I felt like yelling to myself to be more calm. But I would look like a crazy maniac.
So I just kept looking at him. Into those blue eyes. They looked serious and cold,but this time they were warm,really warm.
Then I saw he looked at something else,and his eyes got cold again. Not cold,more like sad. About to cry. I turned and I saw the picture. It was him when he was little,he was having a piggy back ride from an adult,while Gilbert (probably in his pre-teen years) was next to him. I got curious,but I was serious. When I'm serious,I look into people in a way,it's like my eyes speak for me. I got up and asked
- Who's that man?- I looked back at him,trying to understand.
- He's...- he just looked down,and his voice sounded like whisper.
- He's my father.- his voice got firm all of a sudden and he looked again with those cold,slightly sad eyes.
- What... Happened to him?- I tried to make some sense out of it.
- While I was living in Germany,I passed my time with my father. He thought me how to play football,he took me to the park. When I got out of school he would take me eat some wurst from a little place near the center if town. Then we would eat some Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte.- It sounded so sweet,so cute. But still,I noticed something sad. He continued. - He was a Militärpolizei,militar police. I admired him a lot,he was really brave. But one day... We were out with mutti. Someone yelled in a store,so dad went inside. It seems they were robbing them. One guy had a gun,and just to scare us he took Gilbert in with his arm. He said he'll hurt him if we didn't do what he said. Then my dad just punched him. He grabbed me and ran away with his companions. I was so scared,I just cried and yelled. My dad chased them,then crook just let me on the floor and then it happened...-
I was crying slightly at this moment.
- He got shot. I just hugged while he was saying he was going to be alright. Everybody was screaming. The ambulance got here and mutti got us to the hospital. I saw the crooks faces,and I never felt so much hate towards someone. We cried all the way to the hospital,Gilbert said he wasn't crying. You probably know what happened next...-
I knew it happened. I knew he grew part if his life without a father. But I didn't know how...
How was he able to suffer that pain for so long?
I never cried so much for someone,and I just threw myself and hugged Ludwig. He felt so warm.
- Why are you crying?- he asked.
- Because... How can you live with that past? That pain?- I continued crying,even louder. I just hugged him so hard. He hugged me back.
- I don't look at the past like it was something bad.- he said smiling brightly. His eyes were lively again. - I remember my dad as a good experience,like a great thing,something happy. And when I think about happy things in the past,I want to create more happy moments in the future.- I stopped crying and looked at him,I smiled.
- Even thought I met you some weeks ago... I know that you look better with a smile.- he said. We just smiled and hugged with big bright smiles.
- Hey,Ludwig...- I said.
- Yeah.- he answered.
- I want to help you create more happy moments for your future.- I looked at him,full of hope. He smiled and he just leaned forward. He kisses my forehead. A soft,cute kiss.
- Good luck kiss... Just like the one you gave me when we met.- he smiled.
I felt all bubbly and happy inside. I just leaned forward,I almost hesitated and didn't do it. But I went for it.