Chapter 3

{Donna created a pillow fort with Bryson while Doebi watched the pizza in the oven. Avery was in Bryson's bedroom, cleaning up his toys and Koi was in the room, sleeping as usual.}

"DonDon??" Bryson said, looking at her with his soft green eyes like his mother's.

"Yes baby? What's wrong?" She replied, putting the last pillow in fort.

"I seen my dad and Melanie sniff some white stuff. Why do they do that??" He replied.

Donna placed a hand in her chest.

"You seen what?!"

Bryson shook his head.

"Nevermind."

"You need to tell me what you saw and how often do you see it." She kneeled down to him and held his tiny hands.

"It's okay. You can tell DonDon anything."

"Daddy and Melanie stiff white stuff every night. They think I sleep but I'm not." He explained, looking her in the eyes.

Donna sighed. "Oh my gosh. Avery!!"

Avery ran from downstairs and looked at the both of them.

"What's up?"

"Am I gonna get in trouble?" Bryson started to look upset.

"No baby, you're not. I just want you to tell your mommy what you saw." She kissed him on his forehead.

"What he saw? What happened??" Avery kneeled down next to Donna.

Bryson looked down. "Please don't be mad at me."

"Why would I be mad at you?" Avery asked.

"I don't know." He placed one of his small fingers in his mouth.

"It's okay, I promise. Just tell her." Donna gently rubbed his head to sooth them.

"I saw daddy......" His voice trailed.

"You saw daddy do what?"

"I saw him and Melanie sniff at night when they think I sleep." He finally said.

Avery rubbed both of her across her face, trying to process what her son just told her. She kind of felt that there was a deeper reason why Eric acted so different.

He was even losing weight. He wasn't a fat guy but he was sort of buff. Not too buff.

Now he was skinny and always looked stressed out.

"Mommy I'm sorry." Bryson got close to his mother, laying his head on her chest.

"It's alright buddy. You did the right thing." She wrapped her arms around him.

Donna leaned in and hugged the both of them.

"What're we gonna do now?" She looked at Avery, feeling worried.

"I'm gonna call my lawyer. He'll know how I need to go about doing this."

Donna nodded. "Do what you have to do. You've got us right here."

Avery placed a kiss on her lips then smiled lightly. "I love you."

"I love you too."

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》