Chapter 2

"Well, I called my lawyer." Avery said, wiping off her car.

"And what did he say?" Koi replied,  sitting on top of her basketball.

"He said that he can't take my visitation rights from me. I can get him anytime I want according to the papers. I don't have to wait until the weekends. Which reminds me, you wanna go with me to get him??" She explained, throw the dirty towel into the bucket.

"Yeah, let me go get Koi. She's sleep."

Doebi jetted into the house and woke Koi.

"We're going to get our little man. Wake up."

Koi stretched then smiled. "We are?!"

"Yes, come on."

Without hesitation, she hopped off the couch and strolled outside behind Doebi.

Avery was already in the car waiting on them.

"Are you sure she can get him??"

"Yeah, she called her lawyer."

"Oooooh okay! Well, here we go! I call shotgunnnnn!!" Koi ran to the car.

"Childish!!" Doebi laughed, running behind her.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

{Avery made it to Eric's house. As usual, she knocked on the door twice and waited for him to answer. Doebi and Koi stayed in the car. They didn't wanna cause anymore problems.}

Eric opened and the smile instantly fell from his face.

"What're you doing here?" He said with an angry tone.

"I'm here to get Bryson. I called my lawyer. He said according to the papers, you can't keep me from him and I can come get him anytime I want." Avery pushed the door opened.

Eric clenched his jaw. "Bryson!!"

The small boy ran from out the living room. His eyes lit up when he saw Avery standing in the hallway.

"MOMMMY!!" He cried, running to her.

Avery met him halfway, picking him up. "My baby!!"

She hugged him tightly then glared at Eric.

He pulled his hair up into a ponytail then sighed.

"We need to talk."

Avery placed Bryson down on the floor. "Go to the car. Koi and Doebi are there. Me and daddy need to talk okay??"

Bryson nodded then jetted out to be car. "DOEBI!! KOI!!"

Eric closed the door behind him.

He gazed at Avery for a few seconds.

"I can't hold this in anymore...." His voice trailed off.

"What?" Avery looked at him in a confused manner.

"Avery, I still love you. I've been hurt every since that day you told me you were a lesbian. Why Avery??" He started to cry but quickly wiped the tears from his face.

Avery stood their in silence. She was shocked at what she heard.

All this time Eric was still in love with her but pretended to be cool with her being a lesbian.

"I was supposed to marry you, not Melanie."

"Where is she??" Avery asked, putting her hands in her pockets.

"She's out making groceries. It just hurts me everyday to know that I couldn't make you happy. You rather have them than me. What did I do that was so wrong Avery?"

He walked closer to her, looking her in the eyes.

"Eric.... I'm sorry." Avery had no idea he felt that way.

"Sorry?? Sorry doesn't fix the hurt. Sorry doesn't fix the emotions pain. I loved you. I still love you. We made all these plans together just for you to tell me that you like women."

Avery couldn't help but feel bad for how everything ended. A year after she had Bryson, they broke up because she realized she loved women. Eric seemed fine but he wasn't.

Avery and Eric had been dating since the 11th grade. They loved eachother but Avery often felt forced because of her mother's religious beliefs.

"Do you still love me?" Eric always wanted to ask that question.

Avery sighed. "Eric, I can't do this right now."

"I won't let you leave until you tell me. In my heart, I know what you feel. I know where you belong. I just wanna hear you say it." He stood in front of the door.

"Eric, don't do this."

"I'm not doing anything. You ruined the family we could've had. I only married Melanie to make you jealous."

Avery's eyes grew with surprise.

"What?! You've got to be kidding me Eric! The only thing that marrying her did was made you change for the worse. You called Donna a fag. You called Koi and Doebi a dyke. You might not agree with our lifestyle but you will respect it."

Eric sighed. "I never meant any of it. I was angry at you."

Avery shook her head.

"Answer the question."

"No."

"Well it looks like you'll be here for awhile."

"Eric!!"

He folded his arms. "You know I'm stubborn."

Avery rolled her eyes.

"Fine, I still love you. You're the father of my son but I'm not in love with you. I have love for you. I care for you. You were one of my friends until Melanie came into the picture. There I said it. Now can I go??"

Eric slid from in front of the door and smiled. "I knew it."

"This doesn't mean we'll get back together. Don't think about." Avery opened the door.

Eric just smiled to himself, thinking.

"I'll bring him back to you Monday, after school."

"Okay, I'll get off work around 4:30" Eric retorted.

"Okay, I'll bring him back around 5ish."

"Sounds good."

Avery walked to the car, thinking about what just happened.

She opened the door and got in.

"You were in there for awhile. What did y'all talk about??" Koi looked over at her.

"The legal papers, that's all. I told him I would bring him back around 5ish on Monday."

"Yaaaaay, we have our boy for the weekend." Doebi clapped her hands.

Bryson smiled, laying his head on her lap.

Avery started the car and drove off.

She wasn't going to tell Koi and Doebi about what Eric told her.

They would go ballistic! Think about if word got back to Donna. That would cause even more trouble.

For now, she was keeping everything to herself. Even her feelings.

There was still a deeper part of her that loved Eric too......