XXV. Pretty Little Thing

Start from the beginning

I lost myself in a trance for a second before realizing I was the sweet little bride.

Lily sits down on the chair farthest from Alexander.

We all stare at her.

"If I don't sit. I may pee my pants," she confesses causing Alexander to snort in amusement.

Alexander rests an elbow on the table and grins at Lily, who continues staring out the window, clenching her thighs together, which makes me sure that she does need to pee. "Well, how adorable," Alexander spoke slowly, almost as if seducing Lily.

Her face turns red.

"I'll take you to the restroom," Pietro intervened.

Quickly, she takes it, believing that she rather take the chances of being murdered in the restroom where there are toilets than accidentally peeing her pants in front of everyone. The only ones left are Francesco and me.

"Relax. I won't hurt your sorella maggiore." Alexander's tongue grazes on the words much too smoothly, or what I assume is smooth since I've only had a few weeks of tutoring.

I nudge Francesco in the rib. "I thought you say this restaurant is your territory," I whisper, despite knowing Alexander can hear us.

Alexander orders his meal.

"Technically, it's Anthony and if this-" he glances at Alexander, "can get in. It's Anthony's fault." 

Alexander cups his hands together, "Done pretending that I'm not present?"

The sweat drips down my temples. "No," I reply, wondering if I have a death wish.

He continues smiling for some unknown reason why the waiter cautiously pours his wine like his life is dependent on it - which it may be. "So, how did you and Anthony meet?" he asks as if he did not technically force us to eat with him.

I swallow and then glance at Francesco who stares at me. It seems like he is curious about how we met too. "We met at a restaurant I used to work in when I was in America," I reply, suddenly missing those dreadful days.

He hummed lowly, picking up the glass of wine and twirling it around his fingers. "So, you seduced Anthony hmm?"

Quickly, I shake my head - It's more like he seduced me.

"Oh, hush Angie. You can tell me the truth." He sips his wine.

Oh, hush Angie? What are you? A nosy middle-aged woman?

"I am telling the truth. We-" I bit the tip of my tongue wondering what I should say next, "We had an attraction," which isn't a lie.

He nudges a brow. "Oh, so strong that you jump on his lap in the middle of the restaurant full of people?"

I began coughing senselessly, and almost threw myself off the chair. How did he know?

Alexander smirks, "I must say, you're quite a daring sweetheart. If you were a few years older, I may take my chances and allow you to jump me." He settles down the cup gracefully and crosses his legs while leaning back to make himself comfortable.

I grabbed the napkin and began dabbing my forehead, wondering if it was too late to live in the streets. "I-I...I felt a strong attraction." 

His grin only widened, "A powerful one I may add."

Alexander sighs, as the chef personally walks out and places the food in front of him. "You know, at one point, I thought Anthony was gay. That's why he loathes me so much. He was trying to keep his feelings down, pretending it was hate rather than lust."