Chapter 30- DEEP CONNECTION

Start from the beginning

He was different.

"Lara, I really think we shouldn't keep doing this."

"And when did you realize this?" Lara felt her heart thud in her chest in shame.

The humiliation engulfing her was a cruel one. It slowly seeped into her veins, perforating each corner of its frail walls and plunged her into an oscillatory state of anguish.

"I just wanna do things right." He placed his hands on her arms, "It's for your own good, and mine too. I need to set this straight."

He had to put an end to the whole personal maid drama.

'Jayden and Lara' had to come to an end.

***

"He said WHAT?" Brie who was sitting on Lara's bed with Katy and Lara in the middle, asked with utmost shock.

"Exactly what I said." Lara stared into space. She had never been this humiliated in her life. She had thought Jayden would want what she had proposed in the text message, but he didn't want it. He didn't want her anymore.

Kira had probably advised him against it. Those three weeks had certainly taken her Jayden away.

Katy stroked Lara's back, "So what are you going to do?"

"Nothing. What could I possibly do?" She shrugged, "It's probably better this way." She told them, so why was her chest still wrenching in pain?

Lara began to get off the bed when Brie caught a hold of her arm.

Lara turned to her and Brie warned, "Not so fast buddy. You can't not do something about this. He came onto you first, now he's the one ending it when you've practically caught some feelings. He ain't getting away that easily."

Subconsciously, Brie had felt she was in the same position as Lara concerning Mr. Benson.

What was happening to these men? Had the plague of good morals suddenly struck them?

"What do you mean?" Lara asked Brie.

"I know exactly what you're going to do." A smirk played across Brie's pout. A smirk Lara knew all too well. "Mama knows best."

"Don't listen to her, Lara." Dana walked out of the bathroom with a white towel wrapped around her as she dried her wet hair with another one. "Don't listen to anything Brie says."

Brie threw her head in Dana's direction, "Oh shut up, Mother Theresa."

Dana ignored her and focused her tilted gaze on Lara, "Anything she says will end you up in a bad place. It won't go well with you." Her Mexican accent was most prominent when she was being serious.

"Don't listen to that taco." Brie pressed Lara's arm, "She's not getting any of that hot stuff, that's why."

Dana scoffed, "And I don't wanna. Jayden is hot we know, but that's Mrs. Benson's son. I wanna live long."

Brie rolled her eyes. Even she was onto the woman's husband but she wasn't fretting.

Dana continued, "Lara, when you told us everything that happened between you and Jayden, I was actually scared for you. I mean, what if Mrs. Benson had found out? Have you thought about that? Do you really want to go through what Tess did?"

Lara gulped. "No..."

"So why did you send that message in the first place? You're playing with fire. I don't want my girl to get burnt."

Suddenly Brie burst into an outrageous laughter that drew their attentions. She faked wiped tears and exclaimed, "God! You are such a wimp, Dana! How am I just realizing this? Don't brainwash Lara with your stupid fear. Life is all about taking risks. Risks worth taking, and Jayden is obviously one. Also, we can't let him win this. He doesn't call the final shots, Lara does. Where is Ella when you need her? And Katy, aren't you going to say anything?"

Katy laughed nervously, "Yeah, yeah, Brie. I agree with you. Lara should have the final say."

"And that is why I'll help her." Brie draped her arms around Lara from the side and placed her head on her shoulder, "I'll help my girl."

It seemed as though Brie was glad she had a counterpart. That she wasn't the only one who was messing around with a Benson man.

"Katy," Brie called out, "Tell Ella to check under my bed; there's a blue box there. She should bring it to us. I'm waiting."

***

Lara found herself making her way up the stairs to Jayden's room, though clumsily. It was thirty five minutes passed ten in the night. She was wearing the red silk robe that Brie had insisted she wore and her dark wavy hair fell graciously down her back.

She was fifty percent aware of her current circumstance as she made it to his room door. Whether she knew what she was doing was right or wrong, it didn't seem to matter because she still went ahead with it. It was her last resort, Brie had mentioned.

She lifted her hand, hesitated a couple of seconds before lightly knocking on his door.

♠♠♠♠♠

Lara, Lara, what is she up to? And will Jayden fall into this supposed 'trap' Brie has put in place?

So I said Thursdays and Sundays. But I could pull up a chapter tomorrow if you want?

What's your eye colour? Mine's dark brown :)

(Don't forget to vote, thanks!)