"Woah, woah, woah. You're talking too fast. Wait, so you're saying that while Holly thinks she's Daisy, anything she does as Daisy only stays in Daisy's memory? And when Holly wakes up the next day as just plain old Holly she doesn't remember anything Daisy did the day before?" It seemed to be that Julia was talking a whole lot of nonsense. To live a life like Holly's was quite literally like living four different lives at the same time!

"Exactly! So if Daisy's never met Holly's sister, she has no idea they're even related. And if Holly's never met her grandfather, if one day he comes over for dinner, she'll automatically assume he's just some old friend of her father's."

I was getting more and more appalled by the second. I didn't say anything in response, so Julia continued on.

"Then comes Alora. She's a charming one, I'll tell you that," Julia's tone was drenched in sarcasm. I beamed. "Alora's the grumpy and sleepy one. Usually Holly when PMSing. She'll snap at you full-on, she'll be magically fluent in sarcasm and she will find a way to counter every single thing you say. Mind you, that one's a beast," Julia finished, and I couldn't help but giggle. I think I found my favorite Holly.

"And finally, there's Elody. She's the shy, reserved, adorable one. She couldn't hurt you even if she wanted to."

I pondered over that for a few minutes, and Julia left me to my thoughts. Finally, something occurred to me. "So that means.... You've been introduced to Holly three times?"

Julia raised her eyebrows and laughed a little. "Uh-huh. And I have to be super careful to listen to what she remembers and what she doesn't because if I accidentally mix up her personalities she looks at me like I've lost it!"
I considered that. "That means if I have to befriend her I have to do it four times?" I asked, slightly skeptical about how it was all going to go down.

Julia nodded again, a smile playing out on her lips and a twinkle in her eye. "You'd say it's like the story.... What was it? Cinderella and the seven elves?"

I laughed. "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs."
She laughed too. "Right, same thing. See, Holly's Snow White, Daisy's a mix of Dopey and Sneezy, Alora's a mix of Grumpy and Sleepy and Elody's Bashful."

"Wow. You know an awful lot about the dwarfs for a person who called it Cinderella and the seven elves."
She beamed at me. "Sometimes fairytales have the answers to all our problems. Plus, I think you'd make a great huntsman."

"Huntsman?" I asked incredulously.
At least she had the courtesy to look sheepish. "Well, I mean, the huntsman is the one who saved her from the Evil Queen in the first place.... Maybe you could be the one to save her from her own mind?"

I rolled my eyes, but I couldn't keep the grin off of my face. "Julia, I think you need some friends. Old women relating real-life problems with Disney movies clearly isn't a good sign."

She grinned. "In Ava language, I take it that means 'yes, I'd love to be friends with Holly!'"

I shook my head and laughed. "You're really something else, Julia," I said, and left her office, still framing her as a madwoman. The idea was crazy; I couldn't do that much for someone. I was a lone wolf- I followed my own paths.

If only I knew then that excatly a year later, I would've become best friends with not one, but two of Holly's personalities, and that I'd grow to love each and every one of them with everything I had.

• • •
A/N Hello Readers!!!!

This book contains character references from my story, All the Best People Are, but this may be read as a stand-alone novel.

Disclaimer: References to Dissociative Identity Disorder made in the story may not be on-point or 100% realistic.
This is a work of fiction.

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy the story!❤