Sunkit barely got to tell Sagekit a goodbye. "Well, uh, see you later then! I hope you solve your problem!"

As Sunkit walked to the nursery, she thought of Sagekit. I wonder what her problem is. I hope it isn't that bad. My mother may not like my friend, but at least she accepts her. The least she does is yell a lot. I think we'll both be great Menders, working together! She reached the nursery, entered, and saw Honeypelt.

"Where have you been?," Honeypelt questioned, "Did you go the Birchleaf again? How is your brother?"

"Yes Mom! I was there! We have to sleep there for the night so you can feed Badgerkit while Birchleaf keeps an eye on him." Sometimes her mother was annoying when she asked a slew of questions, being somewhat worried. Bu Sunkit couldn't blame her for that. A mother loves her children and wants to protect them.

"'Good! Good! I can tell that you want to tell me something!," Honeypelt eagerly inquired, "So tell me!"

Sunkit bounced with glee to tell her mother her ambitions. "I've finally decided to become a Mender! Sagekit wants to do so as well! We'll work so great together!"

"That's great!," encouraged Honeypelt, " But not with Sagekit! You must stay away from her!"

Sunkit had never been told this before. What was wrong with with Sagekit? She had never done anything wrong. 'Why mother? She isn't bad or anything. Badgerkit deserved a hit for being mean.

"That's exactly what I mean, daughter!," explained Honeypelt, "She's just a bad tempered kit with no sense! Sure, Badgerkit was being mean, but that's normal for kits. He will get a punishment, but assault is not an answer. Besides, she would be useless with her backwards paw! "

"You're wrong mother! Sagekit is just not treated well by lots of our clan! She needs to be treated nicely, not with meanness. Why is that?"

"Well, you'll grow up and find out how the world is," Honeyeplt calmly said, "I'm not mad at you. You must learn and experience the world for yourself. I'll always be here for you if Sagekit turns out the way I said. Now, tootle along and play with your friend!"

Sunkit listened to her mother and walked off. That's weird. I thought she would be mad at me. Oh well, mothers know best. But I will remain a friend to Sagekit. I will be friendly to all! I will not discriminate like some of this clan does! I am not dumb like my mother thinks I am! I have figured out how this clan works! It may seems divvied. But it is simply a system where those who are different are treated less. There are actually few cats in our clan. The whole not kitting thing is true but exaggerated. Sure, some cant find mates, and that makes us slightly weaker then other clans, but only one or two actually experience it! But this does make us weak. If we all got the same rest with the same beds, equal amounts of food, and not put down, which decreaes moral, thus making weakness. Our clan is merely weakened by social issues, not prejudice! The bullying and so-called assaults are just exaggerated meanness. But that's enough thought of that for now! Time for me to go find Sagekit!

Sunkit picked up on Sagekit's scent and followed it., She has already learn to recognize some scents, including cat scents. She followed it to the warriors den, where Rockheart, Sagekit's mother, and Flowerclaw, her father, were speaking with Sagekit. Sunkit dropped behind a bush and listened in.

"I don't understand mother," Sagekit was angrily saying, "For one, it doesn't matter where I learned of this clan's ways! That's my secret to keep! And trying to protect me from the truth, to give it to me later on about this clan? That's stupid! I already know! So much for that!"

Floweclaw tried speaking to Sagekit. "Sagekit, you don't understand! We mean good for you! We didn't know that you would learn so soon! That's why you must tell us who told you this so we can help you understand!"

But Sagekit wouldn't give in. "Does it still matter? You're both dumb for trying to lie to me, and undo that lie a long time later when you live in a discriminating clan! Protecting me, what good was that going to do? I've heard the stories! Cats are treated horribly! I was going to find out no matter what! Dumb, dumb, dumb! I don't care for your reasons! Stupid, stupid, stupid!"

"But Sageki-," Rockheart pleaded, but Sagekit stopped her.

"I don't care what you two have to say! You're being horrible, bad, and stupid parents! And you keep letting Honeyplt, your own sister Father, and Badgerkit insult me! Even your old fleabag grandparents are mean to me! I don't care for your reasons. Just leave me alone until you decide to be real parents! On top of that, it's your own fault for injuring me! So you caused all of my grief! Think about that! You will still have to keep me alive though. That's a requirement. He was right. He said you would call me a big, fat liar!'

Sagekit stalked off from her shocked and speechless parents. Sunkit felt the same. What has happened to her and her relationship with her parents? I know I disagree with my mother, but she at least understands! It looks as if we both have parent problems! I will let her come to to m with the problem when she feels like it. It's better if she let's it out on her own. She will need a good friend like me for some moons to come until this problem gets resolved. It is sad how this clan's social issues greatly affect us. Now that I think about it, it's a system based on how you provide to your clan. And those who help and are kind and talk are labeled inferior, due to so called wasted time. No wonder they are treated bad! It seems as if those who are called worthless are molded into that way, just so the snobs can be right. Older cats hunt less, and have less food, thus making most die of petty starvation. Well those who aren't important or respected anyhow. There is also that weird genetic problem that haunts this clan that causes middle age deaths now and then. I'm only a kit who has figured this out! I must be extremely intelligent! But alas, not even I can not seem to figure out that a kit such as me should be feeding right now! Sunkit then went to the nursery, as she didn't want to be seen by anybody and she was hungry. Really, really hungry!

She noticed that the elders looked like they had seen the argument. They looks strangely pleased. That's weird, thought Sunkit, as she passed by to the nursery.