Part 10

"Come on." I say. Neither of them move. "Guys, we have to." Sophie bites her lip.

"I'm in." She says. I smile at her and then look at Abigail.

She sighs, "Of course I'm in, I really have no choice." We all smile at each other worried. I turn to face the old wooden door. I slowly turn the rusting handle and to my surprise it is unlocked. I look towards Abigail and Sophie and bite my lip.

"Come on." I tell them as I walk into the ancient house. The old wooden floor creaked under us as we walked in the dark home.

"Jane." We all say in whispered voices. I hear movment from the back of the room. I see Sophie turn to leave but Abigail grabs her shirt and pulls it back towards us.

"You can't leave." I hear her say.

"Jane!" I scream, I can see my terrfied friends flinch at my loud voice. I hear more movement from the back of the room and some type of noise... like someoen was trying to talk. I run towards the odd sounds.

"Jane?" I ask. Suddenly I feel like I'm alone. I turn around to see not two shadowy figures but three. I gasp and run towards them, but before I could reach them some hard comes out and hits me, I fly back across the room. I yelp as I hit a wall and fall to the ground, I clutch my side suddenly my costume fells wet and gooey, I remove my hand from the pain. It dark in the light, but I'm guessing its blood. I didn't think as I screamed at the top of my lungs. Suddenly everything is bright. I look around to see Abigail and Sophie being tied up by Mr. Brown looking guilty, I feel tears welling up in my eyes. I squeezed my eyes shut and let tears fall. I slowly open my eyes my vison is blurry. I then see someone sitting on a chair against the oppisite wall. I rub my eyes and see Jane, she was tyed up to a chair and she had tape over hear mouth, her eyes were closed but very red and puffy. I make a scared sound. 'What wrong with her? What happened.' These questions dance in my mind. Suddenly I feel that someone is behind me. I look up to the ceiling to see the spazz looking down at me smiling evily.

"Good night." He said his fist high in the air. The rest... was black.

***********************************************************************

My eyes felt like they were glued shut by tears, I couldn't open them. I felt like I was all forced together, I slowly moved about to feel something rub up against my whole body, I was tied up. The pain all came back in a matter of seconds, the only different pain I felt was a massive headache on the side of my head. I make a small pained sound.

"What was that." I hear Mr. Browns voice fulled with worry.

"One of them are waking up." A deep voice stated. I hear movement, objects coming together... I think.

"What are you going to do with us." Mr. Brown asked terrified. I wonder why? I slowly open one eye to see Mr. Brown sitting in a corner tyed up, along with the rest of us. I quickly shut my eye again.

"I'm think I'm going to light this place on fire and then book it out of town." I hold my breathe again preventing myself to make a sound.

"You can't do this." Mr.Brown yells. I hear something collide with something else, making a big BANG. I hear Mr.Brown groan in pain.

"Shut up! I was going to kill you all anyways so why don't I do it all at once." He laughs. I hear the slightest movement, and then a few clicks.

"Bye, old man. tell the ladies I said bye." I hear a door open then slam shut. I quickly sit up my eyes shoot open I cry out in pain and look down at my costume it was covered in dry blood I ignored the pain. I look around to see a peice of paper on fire in the middle of the room. I looked down at the ropes that has me held together they were tied up good. I look at Mr. Brown my eyes welling up again.

"What do we do?" I scream in fright to Mr.Brown.

"GIRLS WAKE UP!" He screams so loud I wish I could have covered my ears. All there eyes shoot open. And I hear plenty of screams.

"CALM DOWN NOW YOU TWO," He looks at Abigail and Sophie. "I DIDN'T TIE YOU UP TO HARD YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET OUT EASILY." He yells over the crackling of the flame that was growing fast. I watch them struggle for about 30 seconds until the got it loose enough to crawl out of. Abigail ran towards Mr. Brown who was sitting on the floor looking pretty calm in this situation. She quickly unties him. She was in Brownies so what taught how to untie certain knots. Sophie sturggles with my knot. Abigail quickly pushes her out of the way and undoes it. Then we all run to Jane. She is breathing hard I look at the side of her face, its black and blue all over. I put my hands over my trembling mouth.

"Are you ok." I asked her as she gets the rope off her.

"Yeah." Her voice cracks. I can see her eyes starting to water.

"We have to get out of here." Sophie yells over the fire that now blocks our way to the door. Mr.Brown rubs his forehead deep in thought.

"Follow me." He says running out of the living room and into the kitchen.

"Ok, so crawl out that window," He points to a small window above the sink. "Call the fire department and I'll try to put the fire out until they get here."

"No just come out with us." Abigail says.

"Yeah you saved us." Jane added.

"I'll be ok just hurry." We all look at each other and nod, the sooner we get out the sooner we can call the fire department and the sooner they can gte Mr. Brown out because I don't think he is going to move.

"Go now!" Mr. Brown yells. Jane quickly jumps onto the counter opens the window and pops out the screen and climbs out onto the grass, Abigail and Sophie do the same. I climb onto the counter and look at Mr.Brown, who is throwing a bucket of tap water at the blazing fire. I can feel tears running down my face. as I jump out onto my cold ground. I look at Jane just as she is closing her phone.

"Hurry we have to tell mom!" She yells and we all run towards the house. I look into the window of Mr.Browns house I can see the flames getting closer to the kitchen, and to Mr. Brown. A tear falls off my cheek when I can no longer see him.I look forward and no longer see Abigail, Sophie or Jane. I take a deep breath and run to the back of the house. I climb back into the window. I see Mr. Brown filling up his little bucket quickly at the sink.

"Jillian I'm fine go back." He yells.

"No I want to help where is another bucket?" I ask yelling over the heat.

"Under the sink." I could just hear his muffled voice. I nodded and grabbed the hand of the cabinet I garbbed the old ice cream bucket and quickly filled it with water. I attacked the fire from the bottom. But it barley made a difference. I reapted the steps about ten time. I could barley move anymore I was so hot. I was soaking wet. instead of filling up my bucket I dunk my head under the tape. Suddenly I hear a BOOM.

I look around to see Mr.Brown collasped on the floor.

"NO MR.BROWN." I scream. "WAKE UP, WAKE UP PLEASE MR.BROWN!" The old man still layed motionless on the ground.

I run to him a kneel beside him the fire was only about a metre away I tried giving him CPR but it didn't work. I quickly stood up and garbs a cloth and soaked it with cold water iI put it on his forehead, I found more and put one, on his arms and legs and on his stomach. I save the last one for me I put it over my forehead, I then place it on my head and stand up. The fire was even closer now. I had trouble keeping my eyes open. I grabbed him by the arms and pulled him into a fireless door. I could see now we were in a hallway with three doors. I drag him to the closest one towards the back, the farthest from the fire. I quickly shut the door... and thats all I remember.