Part 7

The next morning I sit in my bed listening to the radio and starring at the ceiling.

"Did you guys hear what happened at the junior high yesterday?" One of the D.J.'s ask.

"Oh yeah, creepy." Another one replies.

"I heard the kid is doing fine though. The kids are going to be happy about this. No school!" The first D.J. yelled loudly. "The police are having an investigation at the school."

I smile and jump out of bed. I open the door to see Jane smiling at me.

"Hello." I laugh.

She keeps smiling. "No school."

"I know." I nod starting towards the stairs.

"What are we going to do today?" She asks following me.

"Sleep." I rub my eyes.

"No we can't we need to finish getting stuff for our party. Its 4 days away."

"Fine."

We stand in line at the dollar store with paper plates, napkins, table cloth, and a bunch of candy in our hands.

"You call this a dollar store!" The guy in front of us yells. "I only have two things... shouldn't the price be two dollars?"

"Umm... I'm sorry sir but there is a tax." The afraid cashier explains. The man stares at her with hating dark grey eyes, and greased back black hair, and he wore all black. He storms out the door. I watch him run towards Wal-Mart right across the street.

"Spasm!" Jane whispers to me. I giggle but I know something isn't right. We buy our head and I head towards Wal-Mart.

"Where are you going?" Jane asks.

"I'm following the spasm."

"No, Jillian that guys a creep." I just keep walking knowing she will follow me. "Ugh, fine Jill you win." I hear her run after me.

As we walk into Wal-Mart I rapidly look around. I don't see him. Jane runs towards the clothing section. After a while I'm about to give up until I see Jane running towards me.

"Jillian I saw him he is here."

"Where?" I quickly answer already walking.

"Over here." She runs past me and towards the back of the store. We are almost at the back of the store when I see him. He walks towards an employ only door and walks into it.

"What is he doing in there?" I ask curiously.

"Maybe he works here."

"I don't think he does."

"I agree who would hire him?" Then suddenly the power goes out. I here Jane scream and run away.

"Jane!" I call out walking who knows where. Then suddenly I feel something on my arm. It pulls at me. I scream then someone shushes me. I'm pulled down to my knees still screaming.

"Calm down Jillian." Jane whispers. "We are hiding." We stay silent. I hear someone walking toward the employ door trying to tell everyone to stay calm. Then suddenly he stops speaking and something big hits the ground followed by quick footsteps. I hear Jane whimper as the person gets closer. Then he stops right in front of us. I hold my breath and squeeze my eyes shut. But all the person does is sneeze.