part 1

The ground is cold and wet on my bare feet. I feel the mud squishing between my toes. I breath slowly but loudly, I walk towards a gray archway with the words "Graveyard" carved on the top. I don't know where I'm going but I can't stop. I feel myself being pulled towards a new grave stone; it has daisies on the fresh soil below the gravestone.  

Jane Drea Dawn  

Born November 1st 1996  

She was murdered at dawn after a very scary day. She will be missed  

Died November 1st 2010  

I wake up screaming in a cold sweat. I hear my door open someone run into my room. Its Jane my twin sister, we look alike but we are very different. 

"Are you ok Jillian?" She asks her blue eyes full of worry, her curly blonde hair still knotty from bed head and her eyes still sparkle in the dark. I nod.  

"Just a bad dream." I say, finally catching my breath.  

"What was it about?" She questioned.  

'I can't tell her she will take it seriously.' I think. Jane is very paranoid if I told her she would take it seriously and I don't want to scare her.  

I shake my head. "Ummm... I got a bad mark on a test."  

"Yeah, right." She says, hitting me with a pillow. She stands up and goes back to her room. I laugh, forgetting my dream I put on my fuzzy pink housecoat and go downstairs into the kitchen, where my mom is making coffee.

When I was 3 my dad, my mom, Jane, and I were all going to my grandparent's house when we got into a car accident. My dad died instantly and my mom only had minor injuries, Jane and I were fine just a little scared, we don't usually think about my dad anymore. We all grieved for 5 years and my mom only started dating this year, 10 years after my father's death.  

"Hi sweetie." My mom smiles.  

"Hi." I say getting out Fruit Loops and pouring them into a bowl.  

"So have you girls decided what you want to do for your 14th birthday?"  

I shrug as I pour milk into my cereal. I look up into the window to see Mr. Brown our neighbor looking straight at me. I jump and gasp as he quickly closes his curtains.  

"Are you ok?" My mother asks, seeing me jump.  

"Yeah, I'm fine." I nod Mr. Brown only has a few gray hairs on his shiny head, and a hundred wrinkles, he has dark brown eyes they are almost black, he is pale, and just plain creepy. He is always looking at Jane and I walking to school, he gives us a look of hate. I quickly walk away from the window and take a seat across from my mom. Then Jane comes down wearing a lime green house coat.  

"Good morning." My mom says squinting as she looks at the bright house coat.  

"Hi." She smiles.  

"What?" I yell. Jane looks at me weirdly. "Sorry, I can't hear you over that robe."  

"Ha-ha." Jane laughs sarcastically. "Hey, Jill I figured out what we could do for our birthday." I look at her, my mouth full of Fruit Loops, with an expression of "What?" on my face.  

"We can go trick or treating with our friends." My mind goes back to my dream that said Jane was going to be murdered on our birthday the day after Halloween, at dawn. But I nod anyways. It was just a dream I keep telling myself.  

"Yes!" She yelled. "I love Halloween!" I smile and start to eat my Fruit Loops again.