Chapter 5

//Gabriel//

I unlocked the door of our house and lazily walked in taking off my shoes and shutting the door behind me. I tiredly walked into the kitchen and jumped when a saw Samandriel standing in front of the fridge eating cereal. "It's like five in the afternoon." I said and he shrugged. "You eat candy all times of the day." He sassed and sat down at the kitchen table. "Where is everyone? Don't they get off before me?." I asked grabbing some leftovers from dinner.

"I honestly don't know. I tried calling them but no one would answer." He explained and I nodded. "I was hoping Balthazar was hear so I could blast the Titanic until he ripped me to pieces." I yawned and Samandriel smirked. "I would pay to see that." He laughed and ate another spoonful of his cereal. "I could call them." I say and he nodded setting the spoon down and standing up. He walked to the cupboard and grabbed a cup filling it with milk.

"Isn't there milk in your cereal?." I ask and he turned and glared. "I am an adult and I can do as I wish." He scoffed and sat back down, but not before almost spilling his milk. "That would have been sad." He said quietly and placed the cup far from the edge of the table. "So how was work?." I asked taking another bite of the leftover pasta. "They've decided to make the Weiner Hut stand into an actually building." He said boredom laced in his voice.

"So it's bigger and gayer. Perfect for you." I teased and he scowled and I could see him trying to conceal a smile. "What about you?." He asked taking his Weiner Hut hat off. "You know. Little kids run into my store and buy a shit ton of candy. I feel bad for the parents." I laugh and he finally smiles but he quickly frowns. "I heard from someone today." He says with a small sadness in his eyes. "From who?." I ask and he hesitated before speaking.

"I know we don't like to bring this up but do you remember the nurse from camp?." He asked and I tensed at the mention. "Yes." I say looking down and I hear him sigh. "She told me that before Carry died that she said we were her first friends and that that camp was the best thing to ever happen to her." Samandriel said sadly and I nodded. "She saved us so many times." I say and we fall silent and jumped when my phone and Samandriel's started ringing.

Mine read 'Unknown Number' while Samandriel's read 'Satan'. "Wow. Creative." I compliment and he rolls his eyes before picking up the phone. "What the hell." Is ya and answer putting the phone to my ear. "GABRIEL YOU FINALLY PICKED UP." A voice rang through almost deafening me. "Who is this?." I ask and I heard Lucifer shouting in the background and on Samandriel's phone. "Are you with my brother? Is he getting some?." I ask and I hear a huff.

"No it's Michael." He corrected and I froze. "Michael? Shurley?" I ask and I look at Samandriel with wide eyes and see his phone away from his ear and my brothers shouts coming out of it. "Yes and since Lucifer is probably not making any sense, you need to come to the hospital." He said and I looked at Samandriel with confusion. "Why?." I asked still shocked that I was talking to Michael after fifteen years. "Castiel collapsed and hit his head pretty hard on the pavement." He explained.

I shot up from my seat and grabbed Samandriel by the arm. I hung up on Michael and pulled Samandriel to my car with him struggling to grab his phone and shoes on the way out. Luckily he grabbed mine as well. "What is your problem?." He asked once we were in the car. "Michael called and said Castiel was in the hospital." I say without hesitation and started the car and speeding of towards the hospital. "Michael Shurley? Lucifer's boyfriend?." Samandriel asked surprised.

"Yes that one." I say with a million things racing through my head. "Does that mean...?." Samandriel asked trailing off but I knew what he was going to ask. "They better be." I growled and went faster which caused Samandriel to panic. "Slow down!." He exclaimed and even though I need to get to Castiel I slowed down not wanting to kill us in the process and I mean dying on our way to the hospital wouldn't look good on our gravestones.

I finally made it to the hospital of Sioux Falls and found a parking spot after a short twenty minutes (Hint at the sarcasm) and we jumped out running to the front desk. "Hello we're here to see Castiel Novak." I rushed and the front desk lady and yes I call them that, looked at her computer before turning to us. "He's in room 221 on the second floor." She explained and we nodded rushing to the elevator. It was tense waiting for the elevator to reach the second floor.

The elevator finally dinged and we took off down the hall and stopped once we saw the familiar faces of three people. Lucifer, a dirty blonde and a brunette.

"Gabriel, Samandriel! It's been awhile!."