4. Friends~~~>

POV Gralyn

I have never met anyone who refused to say hello at least once when I first meet them. That is just modern etiquette, isn't it? Though, how come she acts like she doesn't care about her power?

I bumped into this weird girl, her first impression is definitely rude, she has a know-it-all attitude, she's just EXTREMELY quiet, and just acts so paranoid and cautious for no reason what-so-ever. But why? Why does she seem so interesting? She fell to the ground when we met because we ran into each other in the main building of my high school. She looked new and I wanted to help her, but the aura I felt from her was extremely powerful. Powerful enough to make my vision nearly go completely black when we bumped into each other.

I have to admit, but she did not act like she had a power at all. I noticed how hard she was trying to act like an average joe, just minding her own business, but I couldn't stop watching her during outbreaks after class. She sat alone because Persaphire forced her to leave once they arrived from class.

"Why do you keep telling her to go elsewhere Persaphire? Could she really be that annoying?" I stared at Persaphire as she sat down. She was putting her bag on the table and looking through it to find something, but when I asked her, she stopped and stared back at me.

"Heh?" She gave me a weird look that showed that she wasn't listening at all. I gave her a disappointed sigh and told her to continue whatever she was doing. She shrugged and went back to scavenging through her bag like a raccoon. By the end of the period, it looked like she couldn't find what she was looking for and went to walk to class again with Sapphire close behind her. Whatever happened in our last two periods made Persaphire look terrified on our way to a café after school.

I looked at her while we were walking, but she didn't look up once. She kept her eye on the ground with her eyes widened. Her eyes didn't really get much bigger because she is Asian and she had small eyes. Not to be stereotypical or anything, but it's true. "What happened? You seem frightened." I asked her on our way to the café. She stopped in front of the door and froze. Only after two minutes did she turn her head to look at me. She seemed scared for a little bit but then she went back to her normal face.

"Scared? Who? Me? Scared? Hard to believe..." she awkwardly laughed after she spoke and walked through the doorway. She rushed to a small table with those high chairs that take short people forever to get on, while Rainer went to go buy some coffee and some small little cakes. I didn't know what they were called, but they were tiny little cakes with a cherry on top. I walked over to the other chair that was at the table. It only had two chairs, so Rainer just went to go sit in one of the one-seater couches the café had. He gave us our drinks and our little cakes, while he took his stuff and went to go sit on his couch.

I stared at Persaphire like a hawk watching its prey. She didn't do anything at all but slowly eat her tiny cake. That's when I knew... "Persaphire there is definitely something wrong. You never eat your tiny cake that slow! Did it have something to do with Sapphire? I'll go talk to her tomorrow if she did something so scary!" Persaphire looked up at me looking confused.

"Gralyn, first these tiny cakes have a name. It's called Tiramisu. Also yes it has to do with Sapphire but she didn't exactly do something physically scary."

"Then why are you acting so different now after school?"

She looked at me for a while. "She doesn't know at all."