Don't think he doesn't care about you when all of you were fighting side by side during the war-

"Ouch!" I blurted as I bumped into someone I was not able to sense. I never knew I was immersed into thinking with myself that I am unable to sense...him

I froze as I heard an audible sigh. Probably for my stupidity.

"I did not see you there, Sasuke." I help myself up before her could offer his. Standing tall in front of me, I watch him grab his weapon pouch from the ground.

Sasuke-kun!

That dearest suffix was long gone, I promised myself not to use it anymore. Though there is still this urge to say his name the old way, I brush it off easily... just...just to forget the feelings.

As I look at him, any signs of staying under Orochimaru's lair can no longer be traced when his fight with Naruto ended. He now wears blue long-sleeved clothes with the proud Uchiha insignia at the back matching his dark pants.

"Where's Naruto?" He suddenly asked with his usual tone. No emotion, not even sharpness in his voice... just the Sasuke that I know of.

And he could have asked more nicely.

"I actually have no idea." I responded reaching the schedule board I dropped when I bumped into him. However, he beats me this time, I saw his hand picking it up and I dreaded the thing he was about to see.

Uh-huh, never good in lying.

"Number one, Uzumaki Naruto failed to complete the annual exam last year." he read aloud.

"Really?" I raised my eyebrow as he look at me questioningly, "I haven't done any reading on who will be my patients today." That was the plausible excuse I only have in my mind right now and I hope it works.

"I will tell him that you were looking for him." I cautiously retrieve the board from him as I notice that he was not planning to give it back anytime soon.

With that being said, I resume my way to the hospital without looking at him.

"Don't bother." I heard him say and Sasuke was already trailing behind me.

Don't tell me he will join us.

We walked in silence, good thing the hospital was just less than ten feet away, saves us more time for awkwardness.

To be honest, my Inner self was right. I was avoiding him. We have not talk since the war- -not since I fell under his genjutsu. I cannot understand why he keep on pushing me away, why is he rejecting everyone and why it took almost both him and Naruto to be on the brink of death just to knock some senses in him.

Probably it is better this way.

"My office is at the third floor to the left KH311, I just need to collect some report." I said as we arrived at the reception. "Please tell Naruto that I will be there in a few minutes."

He gave me a slight nod before walking to the said direction.

"That was close." I muttered as soon as I'm sure that he is no longer near the area, silently hoping that he already left the hospital once I get to my office.

"Ne, Akira-chan it's just a checkup." it was a voice belonging to a man that echoes through the deserted hallway.

I then heard a small sniff and sobs as I turn down the hall, Akira? Seems familiar.