Chapter Three

She knelt down in the center of the pentagram and turned the pages of an old, worn book. Its pages were brittle and barren of any lettering or pictures. She did not frown at this though, having dealt with the black arts in the past, she knew what to do. Her nimble fingers wrapped around the hilt of the dagger and she raised it to her wrist. 

"Faciet sanguinem secreta revelari." She sliced into her wrist, wincing a little as she watched the dark blue blood drip onto the pages. 

She set the dagger down and with a wave of her hand, her wrist was healed. She smiled and watched as the blood swirled and churned. She straightened and lifted the book in her hands, studying the pages. The blood formed into words and symbols on one page, and into a pentagram on the other page. She grinned, her eyes filling with glee. 

She read the words aloud, the flames of black candles on the points of the pentagram flickering. "Twins of darkness, rulers of selfishness, hear my cry and come to thee and make my darkest dreams come true. Ostende mihi te ipsum."

The candlelights blew out and the pentagram on the floor glowed a bright red. The words on the page hummed with energy as the scent of rotten eggs filled the room. Lucille released a ragged breath and looked around the room. 

"What do you want elf?" Two voices hissed. One was harsh and guttural, the other was kind and slightly deep. 

Lucille swallowed. "I want to bargain..."

"And what two you have that we want?" The harsh voice snapped.

"No offense, but we don't have any use with a... twisted soul like yours." The kinder voice said with a sigh. 

Lucille shook her head and pulled a folded picture from her bra. "Not me... her."

The picture vanished from her hand and a whistle echoed in the room.

"Look, brother-" The kind voice said with glee. "-a fairy halfling! Oh, I just love fairies!"

A heavy silence hung in the air and Lucille fidgeted a little. "H-Hello?"

"What do you want in exchange for the girl?" The deep voice said with a sigh.

Lucille squared her shoulders and held her head high. "I want the elven throne. My birthright. I don't care how I come by it, I just want it. If you give me that, you can have Sai for whatever you damn well please."

A growl echoed. "Watch your tone bitch." 

Lucille flinched at the malice in the demon's voice and bowed her head. "Forgive me, my lord."

"You are forgiven, child." The kinder voice chirped.

Lucille felt a presence in front of her and looked up. A small gasp of fear left her and she quickly dropped her gaze. The Demons were right in front of her, their scolding breathes fanning across her body. She heard their heavy footfalls approach her, stepping inside the circle before two large hands reached down and gripped her hands. Their touch seared her skin and she screamed in pain, instinctively trying to pull away; to no avail.

"Deal."

~

Sai jogged through the park, the light of the full moon seemingly making her skin glow. She was dressed in a purple tank top and white sweats. Her sneakers scraped against the ground and her breaths left her in short pants. She wasn't the fittest person in existence, having a few extra pounds but she didn't mind. She always strived to keep herself in good enough shape. But for now, it was time to rest. Huffing and puffing, Sai collapsed on a cool metal park bench and took a swig of her water bottle.

The wind ruffled her ponytail, carrying with it the foul stench of rotten eggs. Sai's nose scrunched up in disgust and gagged. God, where is that stench coming from?  Probably from some garbage can. It was the sanest explanation. Sai sighed and stood, speed walking away from the stench. Or at least attempting to. t was like it surrounded her, getting stronger and stronger. God, what the fuck? 

"She's even more delicious in person..." 

Sai paused and looked around, her brows furrowed. "Who said that?"

"I agree with you brother."

Sai whirled around, unable to pinpoint where exactly the voices were resonating from. "Who's there?"

"Time to go."

Sai's head spun as dark webs weaved into her vision. SHe whimpered and swayed, pressing her hand to her forehead. She felt weak and extremely sleepy, her head spinning. What's going on?... Sai's body fell to the ground unconscious, and two black shadows surrounded her body. 

When the shadows dissipated, Sai was nowhere to be seen...