Chapter 10

Hey guys a quick note. I'm really thankful to all of you who have read my book, but if you wouldn't mind could you ask your friends to read and vote. I don't want to be greedy but it really helps when people vote it shows me that people actually care about what I'm doing. Thank you and please share!

Kathrines pov:
1 week later.

This week has been crazy. I have found so many new dragons. Now we have around 15 dragons living here.

I found 3 new fire dragons, a fire/rock mix, 2 water dragon, 2 new earth dragons, 2 earth/water dragons, and 2 earth/rock mixes.

They are so kind and interesting. The fire/rock mix is huge. It looked like a boulder shaped like a dragon. It spits out magma and loves the heat.

The water dragon made quick friends with Aqua and looked just like her. But one of them was more green in color compared to Aquas blue scales. 

The earth dragon are a little on the older side, and they have a lot of knowledge. They told me that they are very skilled dragon healers and there power was large. Which will be very helpful if we get another injured dragon.

The earth/water dragon look amazing. They had fins like a water dragon, but they also had legs so they can come onto land. They also had the wavy scales running down their spine.

One of them found a secret tunnel which allows them to swim into the earth sections pool. Which is convenient for them when they want to come onto land.

And lastly there is the earth/rock mix. It looks like an earth dragon, but it has the ability to camouflage. It's a cool trick.

"Kathrine come to the hatchery quick, the egg is cracking." Fawn says through are link. I quickly brake into a sprint. I'm in my room so it won't take me long.

The egg has been doing great and I can't wait to see what it looks like. Fawn hasn't left it's side since I asked her to watch it. Other dragons have brought her fish so she doesn't have to leave.

Finally I make it to the hatchery. I slow down and walk towards the egg. "Thank you so much for watching the egg Fawn you have done an amazing job." I tell her, petting her snot.

She lets out a soft purr and I look towards the egg. Sure enough there is a small crack on the top. I watch as a small claw pops out.

I let out a gasp and wait. The claw disappears into the egg once again. Then there is a small rumble and the egg bursts, sending it everywhere.

In it's place sits an adorable dragon. It's a deep purple almost black color. But like it's mother it has a white underbelly.

It's the top of its head all the way down its back are small spines. It has a few small spikes around its face and on it's legs.

"It's breathtaking. Can you tell what gender it is?" I ask Fawn. She nods and closes her eyes.

A second later she opens them and says "It's a strong boy." I smile and reach a hand out to him. He slowly opens his eyes showing off a bright yellow color.

"What should we call him?" I ask Fawn slowly placing my hand on the newborn's head. He lets out a soft purr and leaps into my arms.

I chuckle and hold him close softy swaying. The dragon purrs and closes his eyes, falling asleep.

"It's your choice my queen. Usually the mother dragon names the egg. Plus he seems to take you as his mother. So you must decide." Fawn says looking down at the dragon.

I study him closely. His dark colors remind me of the night but his soft colored underbelly makes him not all dark.

The fact that he's electric and dark will obviously scare even the toughest of dragons so he will need a strong name.

"How about Night Wing?" I ask looking at the dragon. His eyes pop open at the name and he lets out a shrill squeal.

"It looks like he accepted that name." Fawn says happily. I smile and sway letting the dragon fall asleep once again.

"Fawn you've been grading the egg for a while, go hunt have spend some time with the new arrivals. And thank you so much for helping me." I tell her.

She nods and flies out. I slowly walk back to my room with the dragon in my arms. I'll keep him in my pen for now so I can keep track of him.

"Emerald, can you go and get some some fish. Night Wing, the dragon that hatched will probably be hungry when he wakes up. And it will be easy to have fish already here." I say to the new forest dragon.

"Of course my queen I will be back soon." She says. I smile and continue walking to my room. Once I get there I open the door and leave to it open for Emerald.

I walk inside and go to the door leading to the stable. It's a big archway and inside are 10 dragon pins. Each has enough room for a fuller grown dragon to comfortably rest.

There is a bucket of water and a bin for food. Plus there is a small pond like pen incase one of the dragons is a water dragon.

I generally set night wing down on the hay floor. I expect him to stay asleep but he immediately awakes and starts to look around his new pen.

He does a full circle and when his gold eyes land on me he leaps into my lap. I tumble backwards because he is a big dragon.

I laugh and let him curl up into a ball on my lap. I smile and generally pet his spines. Connections with my newest dragon.
———————————————————————
Hey guys a quick note. I'm really thankful to all of you who have read my book, but if you wouldn't mind could you ask your friends to read and vote. I don't want to be greedy but it really helps when people vote it shows me that people actually care about what I'm doing. Thank you and please share!
Vote
Comment
Follow
Share