Chapter 4

Kathrines pov:
I let out a scream as we start to descend. We've been flying for hours and I'm exhausted and scared. As we get closer to the ground I hold on to the dragons tail tightly.

Please don't let me die. I chant over and over in my head. I close my eyes in fear. When I open them again we are safely on the ground. We are in the forest and a giant mountain is in front of us.

The dragon sets me down. I go to run away but my legs collapse under me. It must be because I've been stuck in the sky for hours.

I slowly get up wary of my legs. Once I'm sure I won't fall, I look into the beautiful eyes of the dragon.

I want to look around or better yet run, but I'm to scared to look away from the dragon. It could kill me in a second if it wanted. I wonder why it hadn't yet.

"I will not hurt you my queen!" Someone says in my mind. I look around widely wondering who said that.

"Who's there?" I call out trying to keep the shakiness out of my voice. "I'm right here. I'm standing in front of you my queen." The voice says.

I take my eyes off the dragon and look around. "That's it. I'm going crazy." I mumble to myself. "Your not going crazy my queen. I know your probably scared but please let me show you the truth." The voice says.

I look up the dragon and ask "Are you speaking to me?" The dragon nods and picks me up once again. "Where are you taking me?" I ask in fear.

"I'm taking you to the home of the dragons." The Dragon says. I look at it in fear. "What?" I yell. The dragon doesn't say anything just continues to walk towards the base of the mountain.

I try to wiggle my way out of the dragons tail but it keeps me in an iron grip. I let out a sigh of defeat and let the dragon take me where it wishes.

We get to the mountains base and the dragon spreads it's wings and pushes off. I let out a small yelp of fear and close my eyes.

"You can open your eyes now my queen." The Dragon says. I slowly open my eyes to see that I'm in a giant cave. The ceiling was very tall and the dragon could easily fit inside.

All around the cave walls where symbols. One is a flame while another is an egg like shape. All the elements are there plus a lighting bolt, some kind of sparkle, a moon, and one with a crown.

I look around in confusion. "What is this place?" I ask The dragon grabs a satchel in its mouth and brings it over to me. The dragon sets it down in front of me.

I slowly bend down and pick the satchel up. I carefully open it not knowing what's inside. What I didn't expect was a book. "Read it." The Dragon says in my head.

I open up the first page of the book.

Hello,

If you are reading this you are the next Dragon Queen. I know your probably scared and confused but don't worry it will be okay. I was once like you, scared and alone with a creature I knew nothing about.

This cave will be your home for many years if you choose to accept the Dragons. Don't worry there is a nicer room.

Your probably wondering why the dragon that brought you here can talk to you in your mind. It's part of the bond. Any dragon that you meet will be able to communicate with you once you touch it.

Don't worry you can cut the connection anytime. Just imagine a wall in your mind. You will have tons of time to practice so don't worry.

Your probably wondering about the symbols around the room. They are for the dragons you find. Whenever you find a new dragon breed the dragon will go up to the wall and it will open.

Inside that room there will be other doors that different breeds can open. There are also other entrances to the cave so that the dragons can just go strait to their section.

The dragons can also mix with other dragon species. Don't worry this will all make since with some time.

Whenever you open a new section you will find a satchel like this one. It has information about the breed you found.

It's not a lot of information because you will have to learn some stuff on your own. The chamber with an egg shape on it is the hatchery.

That's where you can keep dragon eggs until the hatch. The room with a crown on it is yours and you just need to touch the wall and you will find doors into your room.

Soon you can learn to fly dragons and many other things, but beware not all dragons will just bow down to you. Some don't like the idea of a human queen so you will have to be careful.

There are people out there that have a dragon and communicate with dragons. If you are to come across one of these people then their dragon will make the rider join you.

Don't worry the rider would feel the need to protect and serve you since they would be connected to their dragon.

Now what you will have to do is travel around and find dragon species. Most will want to come back and live with you but don't worry there is plenty of space.

You have to unlock the doors and help the dragon population. The numbers are getting lower because of the new king. Give refuge to the dragons and show others that they aren't evil beasts.

Now it's time to decide. Will you help the dragons and accept your fate or will you go back to your old life?

I finish the book and look up to the dragon. It looks down at me with hope in its eyes and I know what I want to choose.

I know that I can't go back to my old life after this. Why would I want to. Yes I was treated okay, but I want more. I want to help people and do something.

I knew I had a connection with this dragon. So that's why I don't hesitate when I say. "I'll do it. I'll be the new queen of the dragons." And just like that my fate is sealed.
———————————————————————
Tell me what your thinking. I hope your liking the book!
Vote
Comment
Follow
Share