Chapter 12

Kathrines pov:
I yawn waking up in hay. What's going on? I wonder hearing a dragons roar. Night Wing wakes up also looking scared at the new sound.

"Hey it's going to be okay, let's go see what's going on." I say picking him up. He squirms in my arms trying to get comfortable. Finally he stops moving so I head out of the room.

I go to the main hall to see a black dragon in the entrance. I hold Night Wing tighter wondering what this dragon wants. 

It's a beautiful creature it's all black with tons of spikes running down its back and outlining its wings. Even it's face had spikes on it.

"Hello Dragon Queen. I am Midnight or so my human calls me." The Dragon says in my mind.

"Wait human!" I yell in shock not seeing anyone around. The dragon gives a smile and nods.

"He is at the bottom of the cave, I didn't know how you would react to a new human and i wanted to keep him safe. We are here to join you clan." The Dragon says happily. 

I nod but before the dragon can get it's human I say "Wait, let my freshen up a bit I've been laying in the hay with this little guy." I lift Night Wing up a little so the dragon can see.

A look of shock crosses its face "Thats a night/lighting mix isn't it. Those are so rare. You are very lucky my queen. That dragon will be a great ally." The dragon says still standing at Night Wing.

I smile giving a small nod. I rush back to my room. I set Night Wing in his pen. He lays down and falls asleep. 

I go into my closet and quickly change into my flying gear. I don't have any dresses and frankly I don't need any.

I go to the bathroom and comb my hair, getting all the hay out. I put it in a tight braid before I walk out.

"Okay you can bring him in." I say to the dragon, who nods jumping off the ledge. Wait a human boy is about to be in here. 

A boy, I never have had many experiences with boys, since they all wanted the pretty high ranked girls but I have had my fair share of flirting.

I wonder if he will be cute, mean, funny, or nice. I wait at the entrance with a little bit of fear. I take a deep breath and calm my nerves. 

I hear the whoosh of wings and the dark dragon lands. I watch as someone jumps off the dragons back and walks over to me.

He's very tall, probably around 6 feet. Compared to my height he looks huge. He's wearing flight gear like my own, but he has a helmet on so I can't see his face.

His flight gear shows his muscles from working with his dragon. I stop staring at his body and, start to watch what he's doing.

He walks in front of me and takes of his helmet. I was not disappointed. He had black hair resembling his dragon scales, and beautiful blue eyes.

I stop staring and watch as he gets on one knee. "Hello my Queen, I am Dominic. My dragon and I have been searching for you even since we found out about you." Dominic says staying on his knee.

I smile "Its lovely to meet you. Please stand and call me Kathrine, there is no need to be formal." I say helping him up.

I let out a small gasp when are fingers touch. It felt like sparks, I look up to see if he felt anything only for him to be staring at me.

I gulp and let go of his hand. "You must be tired, let me lead you to your room." I say.

Another thing I found out about this cave is that there is a secret underground area that had tons of rooms.

I start to lead him down the secret staircase, but stop when I hear a whine. I look back up to see his dark dragon.

"Oh I'm sorry, if you want you can wait in the dark dragon pen. I think you will like it in there." I say to his dragon. It nods before walking away.

"I hope that's okay, it's hard for dragons to come down here." I say turning back towards Dominic.

He nods and we continue on. Finally we get down to the hallway full of rooms. "Well you can have your pick. I've looked through them. They are all the same." I say.

"They have a bed, closet, bathroom, and another door that leads to a small pen Incase you do need your dragon down here." I say with a smile.

Dominic smiles back "I think I'll take this one." He says going in. I nod not following in. God what am I supposed to do. Do I wait, offer him something.

"Once your rested I can give you a tour of the cave." I say turning to leave.

"If you don't mind I'll take the tour now." Dominic says stoping me in my tracks. I gulp trying to clear my head.

Well I can't say no "Of course!" I say walking back up the stairs. Luckily I've gotten in shape over the week so I'm not panting but the tone we get to the top.

I start to lead Dominic through all the pens. I introduce him to the dragons and tell hi stuff about them.

He can also communicate with dragons which makes things easier. We stop at the Night section so Dominic can check on his dragon.

There bond is so amazing. He looks like he really cares about his dragon. After Dominic and his dragon part I take him to the hatchery.

We talk along the way but I'm just so nervous that it's hard to keep up a conversation. I don't think Dominic notices which is nice.

After the hatchery I walk out and head back to my room. "Okay that's everything, do you need help getting back to your room?" I ask.

"No I think I've got it. Thank you so much for welcoming my dragon and I into your clan. It's has been beautiful so far." He says giving a small bow and wink before walking away.

I quickly run into my room flopping onto the bed. Life somehow just got a hole lot more difficult.

Know I have to deal with dragons and a cute boy!
———————————————————————
Vote
Comment
Follow
Share