x. contents under pressure

Tʜᴇ ᴘʀᴇsᴇɴᴄᴇ ᴏғ too many pairs of legs surrounding her coerces Skye out of her sleep

Tʜᴇ ᴘʀᴇsᴇɴᴄᴇ ᴏғ too many pairs of legs surrounding her coerces Skye out of her sleep.  As her eyes open, the first thing she sees are people standing over top of her.  She glares at them as she sits up.  The large rip down her left pant leg is what her eyes settle on.  It'd take her forever to sew it shut and a lot of resources just to do it in the first place.  Normally, if it was too much trouble for her, she'd let it go but a gruesome battle wound made her want to sew it right away.  The spot where Clarke singed her flesh back together resembled a kitchen accident involving her leg and an oven.  It was wet and discolored.

Skye pushes herself to her feet and finds she's stable.  Glancing around, she figures Bellamy isn't here.  Roaring thunder overhead and the sound of rain hitting the side of the dropship is all she hears among the kids talking.  Her fingers go to her necklace and plays with it, worrying about Bellamy.

"Back from the dead?" Octavia asks her as she passes her by.  Skye smiles at her before walking around the crowd to where Clarke and Raven were getting ready to work on Finn.  Clarke's the first to notice her.

"Hey, how's the leg doing?"  Skye shrugs.  "Any pain?"  She shakes her head and Clarke nods as if expecting that answer.  Skye shakes the open pants back in forth to ask what happened.  "Sorry, I had to keep your pants from sticking to it.  That's why I didn't bandage it up.  It needs to breathe."  Skye nods in understanding, fingers going back to her necklace.

"Hey, they're back."  Just as she turns around, Bellamy walks in but he's not alone.  The sight of him makes Skye remember the story he'd told while trying to keep her awake.  The one about Hesykhia, the goddess of Silence.  It brings a smile to her face.

"Bellamy," Octavia says and hops down from the ladder she was about to climb up.  Two of the boys from camp carry in someone who was blindfolded and drop him on the floor.  His clothes tell her he's the Grounder from the cave.  "What the hell are you doing?"

"It's time to get some answers," he clarifies.

"Oh, you mean revenge?"

"I mean intel.  Get him upstairs."  The two boys move to pick the Grounder back up, but hesitate when Clarke speaks.

"Bellamy, she's right."

Someone's voice from the radio rings out, "Clarke, honey, we're ready.  Can you hear me?"

Clarke continues, "Look, this is not who we are."

The radio asks again, "Clarke?"

He glances down at the Grounder and says, "It is now."  He steps over to Skye, his facial expression softening from his hard one when he was talking to Clarke or Octavia.  A short-lived smile plays on his lips when he sees her playing with the necklace he gave her instead of her ring.  "How you doing, pipsqueak?  Leg bothering you at all?"  She smiles at the nickname and shakes her head.  "No?  I still think you should rest.  Not that you could do much of anything else."  He chuckles before stepping away to climb upstairs.