iv. earth skills and earth kills

"Hᴇʏ, ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴜᴘ," Bellamy calls out to Clarke and Wells

"Hᴇʏ, ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴜᴘ," Bellamy calls out to Clarke and Wells.  They're ahead of the other three.  Bellamy has his gun out, making Skye nervous.  "What's the rush?  You don't survive a spear through the heart."

To Skye's relief, Wells says, "Put the gun away, Bellamy."

Murphy pushes against Wells' chest, "Well, why don't you do something about it, huh?"  Skye pulls Murphy back by his wrist.

"Jasper screamed when they moved him," Clarke informs.  "If the spear struck his heart, he would have died instantly.  It doesn't mean we have time to waste."

Bellamy grips Clarke's wrist, "As soon as you take this wristband off, we can go."  Skye would've smacked Murphy if he ever put his hands on her like that, and she wasn't too keen on Bellamy doing it either.

Clarke ripped her arm away from him.  "The only way the Ark is gonna think I'm dead is if I'm dead.  Got it?"

Skye almost applauded her, not caring how much the girl irked her when they first landed.

"Brave princess," Bellamy states.

Someone speaks from behind Bellamy, "Hey, why don't you find your own nickname?"  Finn approaches the group.  "You call this a rescue party?  Got to split up, cover more ground.  Clarke, come with me."

Bellamy looks on, amused, before placing his gun back into his waistband and following after.  Skye follows him with Murphy behind her and Wells brings up the rear.  It doesn't last long when Murphy and Skye walk ahead of Bellamy and he lags behind Wells.  Finn and Clarke take a different route up as the rest stay level.  Bellamy notices Wells staring up at the two and figures out Wells' secret.

"Still got the hots for Bellamy?" Murphy asks Skye, remembering her checking him out on the dropship before they launched.  Skye glances behind her to see Bellamy a good distance away.  She shoves Murphy a few feet away from her playfully.  "What?  It's not like you hide it."  He laughs.  "I could probably get you a round in one of his orgies.  Hell, maybe I could get you a daily one-on-one."

Skye wraps her arm around Murphy's neck and brings him down so that he's bent over to her level.  She rubs her knuckles against his scalp harshly, causing him to groan and try to release her grip.  He's able to get her to let go by tackling her to the ground.  They roll around in the dirt, wrestling and trying to pin each other down, but Bellamy cuts them off.

"Knock it off."  Murphy helps Skye to her feet as Bellamy passes by them.  She grins at him, showing all of her teeth, and catches a hint of a smile on his lips.  Skye walks ahead of Bellamy and Murphy, getting much more serious than she was before.  Jasper looked a nice enough guy and she didn't want it on her conscious if they could save him and they didn't try hard enough to get to him in time.

"She doesn't even talk to you, but you understand her.  How?" Bellamy asks Murphy.  Skye was too far up to hear them.

Murphy silently laughs, the kind where air just pushes through your nose, and says, "I remember her voice.  We've been best friends since we were kids.  I lived a couple of rooms away and I'd climb through the vents to visit her."