iii. earth skills

Tʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sun gave a little light over the delinquents, Skye was up

Tʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sun gave a little light over the delinquents, Skye was up.  She was one of the first people up and moving to get a start on the day.  Only problem was Skye woke up angry at Murphy for what he did to Wells so she decided to give him the cold shoulder and avoid him as best as she could.  It didn't help that the moment Murphy woke up he went looking for her.  It didn't take long since she was sitting on a log near the dropship, braiding her hair back down.

"Hey, why didn't you wake me when you got up?" Murphy asks, plopping down next to her.  Skye didn't even glance at him.  In fact, she pretended he hadn't even spoke.  "Skye?  What's wrong with you?  Come on.  Don't do this to me.  What'd I do?"

Skye saw Wells come around the dropship carrying some clothes.  She points at him and Murphy follows her finger.

"You're mad at me because of Wells?"  Skye finally turns to her friend.  She glares him down until he looked back at her.  She points from her wrist to Wells then from her eyes to Murphy.  "You saw?"  She nods.  "We needed to."  Skye shakes her head and goes back to her hair, ignoring him.  He shakes his head also and stomps off.  Some kid approaches Wells but Skye's too angry to care about the conversation.

Skye has known Murphy for as long as she can remember.  He lived a few doors down from her and would sometimes travel through the vents to her room.  He never came in, always stayed in the vents and talked to her through the vent door.  She can't remember why he never came in.  It was only her and her mother since her father always worked long shifts.  It's another one of those missing parts in her memories.  She'd asked, well in her own way, if he remembered why he was never allowed to come inside, but he said it was just their agreement as friends.

Bellamy's voice brought her out of her thoughts, "You still don't get it, do you, Chancellor?"  A girl who Skye had never seen, she was beginning to notice she didn't know a lot of these people, steps up next to Bellamy and they share a kiss.  What they were doing before then comes obvious when Skye sees that Bellamy is shirtless and the girl only has a bra covering the top of her body.  Bellamy leans against one leg as he watches the girl go.  Skye leans against her hand as she checks Bellamy out.  His hair, that was once gelled back, has been let free by the rain and it is a tousled mop on his head.  It reminded her of her first thought of him when he led her into her cell in the Skybox.  She was right, he did look better.  "This is home now.  Your father's rules no longer apply."

Bellamy takes a shirt from Wells' pile of clothing.  Wells tries to take it back but the kid he was having a discussion with earlier holds him back.

"Oh, no, no, Atom.  Atom, hold up."  Bellamy stops him.  "You want it back?  Take it."

Wells turns and throws the pile on the ground.  It disgusts Skye how fast a group of kids swarm at them.

"Is this what you want?  Chaos?" Wells asks.